The 1st grade got to go
on the Polar Express!They got hot cocoa and cookies, Mr. Principal/conductor read them the story and then Santa came! I was so lucky to have been asked to take pictures of each of the 1st grade students with Santa! Santa was so cute with each of the kids! And all the kids were bursting with excitement!
Well everyone except for Talan! He was a little overwhelmed with the whole Santa Clause thing!
He was intrigued but didn't want to get too close!
2 of the 1st grade classes performed a special Christmas sing for their parents. They not only sang the 2 songs they were going to sing for the school Christmas sing, but they also several others.
As you can see, somebody didn't get the memo that the kids needed to be dressed in Red, White, or Green! I told Reagan that I was sorry but I just didn't know she was suppose to wear Christmas colors. She responded, "I am wearing Christmas colors! MY HAT!" Oh! Well I'm glad that she was unaffected by my goof!
My sweet friend Shari played the piano for a few of the songs. She is so talented! And so good at doing music with the kids! I think it's because of Shari that this special program happened!
A few days later was the school wide Christmas sing. This year they did a morning performance and an afternoon performance which in my opinion was brilliant! I've said this before but this school does not lack in the parental support department AT ALL! Having the 2 performances sure helped with crowd control!
The last three grades to perform where 1st, 5th, and 3rd. It was perfect! Talan and I cruised around the school for awhile and then when 1st grade was called to go sing we went in to find a seat. This time we got with the program and dressed in Christmas colors!
Reagan did great! Their songs were adorable too!
They sang, No "L" and "Santa's nothing without us!"
Bradon sure is growing up! The fifth grade sang, "Santa got stuck in the chimney again", and "Hot cup of Cocoa" The hot cup of cocoa song is a family favorite! We sing and mock the actions to the song all year long!
Cute Bradon is next to the girl who must not of gotten the memo! But it's okay because she's wearing a Santa hat!
Last but not least was the 3rd grade! Carsten came strutting in with his favorite bright yellow sweatshirt on zipped all the way up. I took one look at him and said, " Why did you go out of your way to find a RED shirt this morning if you were just going to cover it up?" Mrs. Beckstrom quickly unzipped it and had him take it off! Better... Much Better!
He was a little embarrassed but I was not going to have my child look as if his mother didn't get the memo AGAIN!
They sang "Where are you Christmas" and apparently Carsten doesn't like this song! He held his head down the entire song! He looked as if he was either ashamed or completely embarrassed that they had to sing such a stupid song.
Then they sang "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" and Carsten came alive! He liked that song!
It was fun to see the kids in yet another Christmas Sing!
Merry Christmas and a Happy Christmas Break from school!
No comments:
Post a Comment