For Thanksgiving this year we decided to make a trip to Washington where I have 5 sets of Aunts and Uncles. My mom and dad decided to meet us there too! I have to start by saying that I failed miserably at taking pictures on this trip. I don't know if it was the freezing cold temperatures that froze my brain, or the lazy feeling that came over me while being out in the country, but for some reason or another the camera just didn't make it out of the case much!
We made the trip in 2 days. On Wednesday we drove to Boise, Idaho and got a hotel for the night. We learned that driving about 5 child waking hours is just about all that Talan can tolerate! The roads were icy and in some places traffic was brutally slow and so I think stopping in Boise was a wise choice. Both for our safety and sanity! Thursday morning we woke up early and hit the road again. As we pulled into the Tri-cities we called my dad and he was just picking my mom up at the airport. It couldn't have been more perfect timing! We met them at the Pasco airport and then followed them to Uncle Scot and Aunt Lana's new home for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so much fun! There were so many people there and best of all, I didn't have to cook a dang thing! No pictures were taken and yes... I feel a terrible amount of guilt!
Reagan and Lauren were in little girl heaven together! They sat down and wrote out lists of things they were going to do together. They then woke up the next day with lists in hand completing and checking off their things to do one by one! They played games on the computer, they played games on the Wii, they watched movies, they played in the snow, and we can't forget their matching hair do's! That was almost top on the list! SO CUTE AND SO FUN!
Bradon, Carsten and Justin were M.I.A. most of the time together. Or at least that's how it felt to the rest of us! We hardly saw them! No complaining, no fighting, just pure boy fun! Justin taught our boys a new game that they LOVE! It's called sock wrestling. Justin kicked their butts every time they played and they still loved it!
I enjoyed Nancy's commercial kitchen. Nancy is one amazing lady. Every morning at the crack of dawn she was out in the kitchen making up more candy. I learned some new tricks while watching her. She is my inspiration!
She wished for a movie room. They turned their garage into a room and then Make A Wish brought in a big flat screen T.V. with surround sound. They gave Hannah a huge stack of videos and a love sac. Not to mention a party! Hannah chose to have pizza and Kentucky Fried Chicken. It was fun to experience Hannah's Make A Wish with her.
David and I took the kids to Uncle Ron and Aunt Sally's house. In all the times I've been to Pasco, somehow I've never been to Sally's. So now I can envision where she lives. This is important for me. I know... Weird! But I love knowing where people live and SEEING where they live too. I feel more connected that way!
The next morning we got up and drove to the Boise State football stadium. Our boys wanted to see the SMURF TURF first hand! Unfortunately it was covered in snow!
It was all in all a fun trip! Now we can just rest here at home and have a relaxing Christmas season since all of our holiday travels are out of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment