These puppies are going to see me through miles and miles of pure running bliss! And when I say bliss, keep in mind that I really mean... torturous fun!
Don't get me wrong, I like running. But it's more the feeling I get when I'm done running that I love. The actual act of running itself... Not my #1 most favorite thing to do! I like it, but I don't love it! Especially when I'm out of shape like I am right now!
I've taken the last 5 1/2 months off running. I've had a few surgeries, it's been bitter cold outside and I could come up with a dozen more reasons why if it was necessary but it's not so let's just say... I'm back! I'm back at square one pounding the pavement with big dreams floating throughout my head about great accomplishments soon to come!
I need to be ready! I'm running in the Ragnar Relay and the Red Rock Relay this year with an old friend from Phoenix, Wendy Barron. Wendy moved to Utah and has become a runner too! I also plan on doing a few more races throughout the summer, I just haven't scheduled them or paid for them yet!
Running is an interesting thing. It's one of those things that I have a love/hate/guilt relationship with. I love how it makes me feel. I love how it makes me look. I love how it empowers me! I hate that it takes so long to feel like I'm actually in shape. I hate the first 2 miles of any run! And I hate how quickly you can get out of shape if you're not consistent. And I feel immense guilt on days I haven't ran! Living here in Utah the streets are filled with runners. Especially in the morning hours! Over the last 5 1/2 months my heart has sunk with sadness and guilt that I haven't been out there with them!
Isn't that weird?
Who does that?
Who feels that way?
Maybe it's a bit of a sickness! But whatever it is, I'm at it again!
Like I said, I'M BACK!
3 comments:
Good for you! I hate running but I love playing sports where I totally forget I'm working out. Last night I played soccer after about 6 weeks off. I could hardly get out of the car when I got home. My knee is hurting today and let's just say I'm feeling very old. I feel so much better about myself when I'm being active though, it is very empowering. Curious as to whick friend you are running with from AZ. Do I know her?
Her name is Wendy Barron. She was in the Rose Garden Ward after David and I were married. I don't think you know her.
You hit the nail right on the head! Running SUCKS...while my feet are moving and I am peeing my panys...but I sure love how I feel after...and sure enough I am ready to go the next day! GRRRR!
Post a Comment