Sunday, September 18, 2011

Student of the Week... Carsten Adair!

At school one thing about having a last name that Begins with an A, you have a pretty good chance at being first! First in line, in the front of the class, and the first student in the class to be the "student of the week!"

Of course I wasn't informed about the need to have a student of the week poster until it was already a few days late! But that's okay because that's how I roll... remember L8ASUSL! We made a frantic dash to the store to get a poster board and then to work we went!
Carsten helped pick out all the pictures for the poster.

I came to his class along with Talan, his Aunt Staci and cousins Jack and Abe. Carsten's teacher hooked him up to a microphone to present his poster to the class. He was not too sure what to say! His teacher encouraged him to just tell the class about the pictures on his poster. He did it just about as short and sweet as possible. It was kind of cute watching him squirm!

Then the teacher asked if I could say a few things. Well heavens knows that I don't have any problem talking to a bunch of 4th graders being the cub scout master that I am! So I talked for a few minutes and then the class asked Carsten questions. He's so cute... and funny!

Carsten is a HUGE fan of Gummy Bears so I brought in a HUGE bag to share with the class. Of course trying to set the precedents that when it's your turn to be the student of the week, you had better come with treats! We'll see how our master plan pans out!

Cute Jack playing with his gummy bears.

And adorable Abe!

After the cute little student of the week presentation I took Staci on a tour of the school making a visit to Bradon and Reagan's classes too. It was a fun little field trip!

No comments: