Last Sunday about 15 minutes before it was time to take my Mother-in-law Jeannine to the airport our doorbell rang. Huh, I wonder who that could be? The kids ran to the door and opened it up while I walked to the door behind them. I saw a boy standing there who looked an awful lot like my nephew Jack. I thought, "Wow, that kid looks a lot like Jack!" I walked a little bit closer and LO AND BEHOLD there was my sister Staci and her husband John and their other little boy Abe! OH MY GOSH, IT WAS JACK!!! I had no idea that they were coming! What a wonderful surprise! And they were in luck too, because our guest room had just become available!
We hadn't seen the Kramer family in over a year and a half! It was so good to see them! It was so good to have the kids see each other! They had so much fun together! Talan and Abe are just 18 hours apart in age and they couldn't have been more fun to watch. They were both so competitive with one another! "I'm more potty trained than you are!" You know, that kind of stuff! It was too funny!
I'm kicking myself now for not taking more pictures. I have a few but that's it!
As you can see from the look on Talan's face he was more than thrilled to have a little playmate his own size! They had just about everything in common!
Talan just saw this picture on the computer and said, "Abe's just wearing underwear and not pants! But I'm wearing pants!"
Jack is getting so big and grown up! He's the size of Carsten. {Not that that's saying much since Carsten has proclaimed that he's going to become a midget someday!} Carsten and Jack had so much fun together!
It was fun getting to know Jack a little better. He's such a cute kid! And such a good artist too! He actually has a lot in common with Ethan! It must be a first born thing!
Abe felt pretty comfortable with Ethan. He just snuggled right up to him. Ethan seems to have this effect on young children. They always seem to seek him out and mess with him. I'm thinking that children must be a good judge of character!
I felt bad that my life is so busy all the time and I wasn't able to entertain them more while they were here. I hope that they had a fun visit with us because we sure enjoyed them.
Staci and I spent one afternoon together shopping and hanging out while David babysat the kids. It was a blast! I wish I could spend more time with her more often. About 3 years ago when she came to visit we went to the mall and bought ourselves silver CZ rings. Staci's wedding ring is made of white gold and she's allergic to it. My wedding ring has a lose stone in it that I worry about. So we got ourselves new AWESOMELY FAKE ones! Fake wedding rings don't last forever nor cost very much so you can just get new ones whenever and change them out. It's kind of fun! Especially when people look at my ring and tell me, "Your husband is a keeper, hang on to him!" Oh YES he is! Anyways Staci and I decided that this will be our new SISTERS tradition. So while we were at the mall we got ourselves some pretty sweet rings!
John flew home to go to work and so Staci had to drive the kids home by herself a few days later. I felt bad that she had to sacrifice so much to visit us but ABSOLUTELY FLATTERED that she would do all that for me! It was a wonderful week with only one regret... I should have taken a picture of Staci and I together, and a picture of all the kid together too!
Next time! I guess there is always next time!
We hadn't seen the Kramer family in over a year and a half! It was so good to see them! It was so good to have the kids see each other! They had so much fun together! Talan and Abe are just 18 hours apart in age and they couldn't have been more fun to watch. They were both so competitive with one another! "I'm more potty trained than you are!" You know, that kind of stuff! It was too funny!
I'm kicking myself now for not taking more pictures. I have a few but that's it!
Talan just saw this picture on the computer and said, "Abe's just wearing underwear and not pants! But I'm wearing pants!"
It was fun getting to know Jack a little better. He's such a cute kid! And such a good artist too! He actually has a lot in common with Ethan! It must be a first born thing!
I felt bad that my life is so busy all the time and I wasn't able to entertain them more while they were here. I hope that they had a fun visit with us because we sure enjoyed them.
Staci and I spent one afternoon together shopping and hanging out while David babysat the kids. It was a blast! I wish I could spend more time with her more often. About 3 years ago when she came to visit we went to the mall and bought ourselves silver CZ rings. Staci's wedding ring is made of white gold and she's allergic to it. My wedding ring has a lose stone in it that I worry about. So we got ourselves new AWESOMELY FAKE ones! Fake wedding rings don't last forever nor cost very much so you can just get new ones whenever and change them out. It's kind of fun! Especially when people look at my ring and tell me, "Your husband is a keeper, hang on to him!" Oh YES he is! Anyways Staci and I decided that this will be our new SISTERS tradition. So while we were at the mall we got ourselves some pretty sweet rings!
John flew home to go to work and so Staci had to drive the kids home by herself a few days later. I felt bad that she had to sacrifice so much to visit us but ABSOLUTELY FLATTERED that she would do all that for me! It was a wonderful week with only one regret... I should have taken a picture of Staci and I together, and a picture of all the kid together too!
Next time! I guess there is always next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment