Thursday, September 22, 2011

I decorated a cake!


I know that decorating a cake isn't something new for me, but I haven't decorated one in a long time and this one was a little different.
It's hard to see from this weird angle but it was really late at night when I finished and I was extremely tired and due to the fact it's football season right now my big zoom lens was on my camera and I was too tired to go change it out. So I got really far away and took the picture at this weird angle just so that I could be done with it and most importantly... GO TO BED!

Ethan is really good at graphic design stuff on the computer. I'll have to post some of his awesome work. He can take a regular photo and create a cartoon character out of it. It's really pretty cool looking. So when my cousin Deana called to see if I would decorate a cake for her son Adam's birthday/American Fork JV & Varsity team football dinner, I got the idea to have Ethan cartoon one of his football pictures and then I could just put a picture of Adam on the cake. By the time I thought of this fabulous idea, time was running out and Ethan didn't have a lot of time. Doing up close faces is more difficult to do so he did one of his full length body pictures instead which just so happens to be a bit harder for me on the cake decorating end. But beggers can't be choosers and I'll have to admit, I did beg him! I think it turned out pretty good. Not my best work but I'm excited to do this cartooning idea again. I think it has potential!