Around here we have
DIABETES on the brain 24/7!!!
It's amazing how much you can learn about something in such a short amount of time. So far we have done a pretty good job of managing Bradon's diabetes. He's had a few lows but Bradon's been able to recognize it and treat it quickly. I've talked to several parents of diabetic children and everyone seems real eager to help. Everyone tells us that 12 years old is a good age to get it. Not that it's ever a good thing to get it but at least at age 12 he will be able to test himself, count his own carbs, and give his own shots. So far Bradon has done a great job with ALL of it! He's a responsible smart kid and seems to have a real good attitude about it. Even when we give him a shot that hits something that makes it hurt he lets us know that it's okay and that he knows that we aren't trying to hurt him. It kind of breaks my heart that he has to go through this and that this will be with him for the rest of his life but at the same time I know that Bradon's a tough little cookie and he can handle it!
It's crazy how everywhere I go now I notice diabetic stuff. I notice diabetic commercials on TV that I never noticed before. I notice diabetic radio ads. Today when I walked into the orthodontists office I noticed a girl with a diabetic pump. It's like when you're pregnant you seem to notice every pregnant girl in the world and when you're running you notice runners everywhere you go. It's not like anything has changed, I've just become more aware!
It's just like I said,
I'VE GOT DIABETES ON THE BRAIN!
DIABETES on the brain 24/7!!!
It's amazing how much you can learn about something in such a short amount of time. So far we have done a pretty good job of managing Bradon's diabetes. He's had a few lows but Bradon's been able to recognize it and treat it quickly. I've talked to several parents of diabetic children and everyone seems real eager to help. Everyone tells us that 12 years old is a good age to get it. Not that it's ever a good thing to get it but at least at age 12 he will be able to test himself, count his own carbs, and give his own shots. So far Bradon has done a great job with ALL of it! He's a responsible smart kid and seems to have a real good attitude about it. Even when we give him a shot that hits something that makes it hurt he lets us know that it's okay and that he knows that we aren't trying to hurt him. It kind of breaks my heart that he has to go through this and that this will be with him for the rest of his life but at the same time I know that Bradon's a tough little cookie and he can handle it!
It's crazy how everywhere I go now I notice diabetic stuff. I notice diabetic commercials on TV that I never noticed before. I notice diabetic radio ads. Today when I walked into the orthodontists office I noticed a girl with a diabetic pump. It's like when you're pregnant you seem to notice every pregnant girl in the world and when you're running you notice runners everywhere you go. It's not like anything has changed, I've just become more aware!
It's just like I said,
I'VE GOT DIABETES ON THE BRAIN!
No comments:
Post a Comment