Our family has been taking turns with having the stomach flu. Today I stayed home from church with Reagan and slept the entire time! When the family got home they woke me up to announce what Talan had done in Jr. Primary.
Sister Cook is a member of our primary presidency and when church was over she told Carsten and Ethan what had happened during primary. It was music time and the question was asked, "Does anyone have a song you would like us to sing?" Talan quickly raised his hand and when called upon he said, "Sexy and I know it!" and the best part is that he was dead serious! And the bad part is that his pronunciation of SEXY is getting better and no longer sounds like SOCKSY!
I asked Talan about what had happened and he hung his head down and said, "She said NO!" He told me that he also asked to sing the Polar Express song too, but she said NO to that too! (The Polar Express song to Talan is 'Santa Clause is coming to town.' Except it has to be sung in slow motion like they do in the movie when Santa's sleigh bell is falling to the ground.)
David said that on the way home from church they had a little talk about the difference between primary songs and regular songs. They discussed what was appropriate for primary and what wasn't. I'm pretty sure Talan doesn't get it but it was worth a try. Seriously how do you safeguard your 5th child from his older siblings? I guess I should just be grateful that he didn't bust out in song and DANCE for the Jr. Primary because trust me, he knows how to put on a show!
Sister Cook is a member of our primary presidency and when church was over she told Carsten and Ethan what had happened during primary. It was music time and the question was asked, "Does anyone have a song you would like us to sing?" Talan quickly raised his hand and when called upon he said, "Sexy and I know it!" and the best part is that he was dead serious! And the bad part is that his pronunciation of SEXY is getting better and no longer sounds like SOCKSY!
I asked Talan about what had happened and he hung his head down and said, "She said NO!" He told me that he also asked to sing the Polar Express song too, but she said NO to that too! (The Polar Express song to Talan is 'Santa Clause is coming to town.' Except it has to be sung in slow motion like they do in the movie when Santa's sleigh bell is falling to the ground.)
David said that on the way home from church they had a little talk about the difference between primary songs and regular songs. They discussed what was appropriate for primary and what wasn't. I'm pretty sure Talan doesn't get it but it was worth a try. Seriously how do you safeguard your 5th child from his older siblings? I guess I should just be grateful that he didn't bust out in song and DANCE for the Jr. Primary because trust me, he knows how to put on a show!
1 comment:
Hilarious! I love it!
Post a Comment