Thursday, March 1, 2012

ELDER ADAIR


Yesterday David took the day off of work and we headed to the airport to pick up our nephew Coltin Adair. He's been called to serve his mission in Columbia. David was explaining to Talan that Coltin was going on a mission. He explained that missionaries teach people about the church. Then Talan asked, "Is Joseph Smith going to be there?"
I thought this was so cute! And I'm so proud that Talan associates Joseph Smith with missionary work!


We took Coltin to Five Guys for lunch and then to Build a Bear in University Mall. I had Coltin make a Missionary Bear with a recorded message in it for his mom. I think it was all a little more than Coltin could handle. He wasn't really ON BOARD with the whole bear idea but he recorded a VERY short and sweet message anyways and then we were on our way to the MTC.


We dropped him off at the curb, said goodbye and he was off on the adventure of his lifetime! Being there at the MTC brought back so many memories of my own mission and MTC experience. I hope that he enjoys his mission and works hard so that he'll have no regrets.

Being a missionary is one of the biggest crash courses we could ever take in SELFLESSNESS! For most 19 year old boys up until the day they enter the MTC their entire lives have been all about them. But once you enter the MTC it's not about you anymore. It's about service unto others! It's what turns boys into MEN!

1 comment:

Sabra said...

What does it turn girls into?

It seems like just yesterday we were shipping you off to serve.