I was asked to teach a class on cake decorating at our last enrichment night. So I showed them all the steps in putting the picture of your choice on your cake. We did a cute little turkey since Thanksgiving is on it's way!
So you copy your picture onto paper and blow it up to the appropriate size. Then cut around the picture and place it on the cake and outline it with a toothpick. Then continue cutting away at the picture until you have transfered all the lines in the picture onto your cake. Then using black frosting, outline your picture with a circle tip. I like to use tip #4.
Then using a star tip (I prefer #14) star the cake with the appropriate colors. It's a lot like coloring!
And then TaDa, a cute little turkey!
It's the turkey that we stitched at last years enrichment class. You can see my stitched turkey in the back there. Cute huh?
Anyways it turned out pretty cute and it was quite fun teaching everyone how to create their own little master piece. I think that we all have little hidden talents that we are unaware of until we just give it a try. I hope that a few of the ladies in my ward discover their hidden talents as cake decorators or at least gain a greater appreciation for the art of cake decoration!
5 comments:
That is so cute! I really want to try cake decorating. I think I may try for Christmas. Fun.
Another darling cake!
What a great idea to teach for enrichment. I will have to remember that. Thanks for giving your decorating tips. I am going to give it a try. Happy Birthday to Ethan.
So So cute. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tips!
Your cakes are so cute Stephanie. Do you still make your awesome toffee? I dream about that stuff you know? :-)
Post a Comment