BYU vs UTAH
It's rivalry week!
A very important week in the year! It's the week that BYU takes on UofU! In Utah this is a big thing! The first few weeks of going to school in Utah we found out that even all the elementary school students pick a side and stick with it. My kids were coming home from school chanting B... Y... U! So this year we are jumping into this with both feet and we are going to rival like champs!

Our neighbors in which our children are nearly inseparable are big UTE fans. Well the dad and the oldest son are big UTE fans, but the mom and the rest of the kids like BYU. Tom graduated from UofU and Michele graduated from BYU. So I guess you can say that they are a house divided!
Tom came over last weekend to watch the UTAH game and we got talking about rivalry. He was pretty much asking us to rival with him in a round about way. We can take a hint! And take a hint we did!


Every night this week we either put a sign on their house or gave them a BYU treat. Our kids have had a blast helping out with this! On monday night we went to a neighbors house for dinner and family night games. When it was over I got all 12 boys together (the Adair's, Gregory's and Harley's) to ding dong ditched the Gledhills house leaving them a treat. I then gave all the kids the 'importance of rivalry' talk and the 'importance of secrecy' talk and sent them home. They all had a blast!
Midway through the week Max came through my front door before school and said, "Stop putting those signs on my house!" I asked him how he was so sure that it was me putting the signs up. He said, "Because the person who put the signs on our house last year weren't as artistic!" I thought that was pretty funny! I told Max that this was nothing to get upset over but that he should probably figure out who's doing it and rival back. Rival with the big boys! So they began to rival!
I'll give them an E for effort but next year they need to step up their game a bit!
So friday night was our GRAND FINALLY! We hit em hard! We recruited a few neighbors (thanks Laurie and Dallin) to help us out. It was pretty cold out there but well worth it! My favorite part is the BYU yard signs I made. I love them!
Thanks Gledhills!
You guys are great sports and it's been a fun week rivaling with you!
May the best team win!
GO COUGARS!
2 comments:
This is so much fun. I will be biting my nails because I really want BYU to win. Even though it would be good if the UTes won too (on a national level). I wish I could at least WATCH it! BOO HOO! GOOOOO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys are so much fun. I love having a friendly rival with the neighbors. You are too creative.
Post a Comment