On November 10th my mom celebrated her 62nd birthday!
If you ask me, I think she's a pretty young looking chic for 62! I have very vivid memories of her turning 40. Lordy Lordy Marolyn is 40! That's what was printed on a shirt that someone gave her at the school she taught at. I remember thinking that 40 was so old! Now that I myself am getting closer to 40, I now think otherwise. My mom is anything but old!
One day this last week while Bradon was home from school he snapped all sorts of pictures with my camera while I was trying to take a nap. This is one of them.
The middle picture within this picture is one of my mom and I in New York City just outside of the Today Show. The picture in the far left corner is my mom receiving her Doctorate degree from ASU. These are two pictures of my mom that I treasure and display.
My mom is the perfect example to me that you can do anything you set your mind to. You can become anything you want to. You just have to make up your mind, go for it, and never give up! She has accomplished so many things in her short 62 years of life. She has always gone over and above, giving everything 110%. Weather it is writing letters to you while you serve a mission, continuing her education, serving in a church calling, whatever it is, she always gives it her all! If I could turn out to be half the person my mom is, I'll be happy! Every now and then I do things just like my mom. And I think, "Oh my gosh I'm turning into my mother!" This is a good thing! I love you mom! I couldn't have asked for a better example, friend and mother.
Happy Birthday!
4 comments:
I remember her 40th birthday party!!! I was like 8 years old. I remember the shirts and the big bash. That is so funny. Send my love to your mom. She is so wonderful!
Stephanie, that was the best birthday gift ever! You made me cry. I noticed you left out all my faults. That was also kind of you. I love you soooo much! You have been an absolute joy to raise and I love seeing the wonderful mom, wife, and friend you have become. You and your siblings are the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, and the grand finale at the fireworks display. I have been so blessed to be the mom of someone like you. Love Mom
Your mom looks GREAT!!! Happy Birthday!
By the way Stephanie, I sent you an email. Sometimes my emails go into the bulk or spam folders. Not sure why, but they do. So check there if it isn't in your inbox.
When I read "62nd" I had to reread it. I was sure you meant some other lower number! Your mom is one of my favorite ladies. Tell her hello for me!
Post a Comment