and he is still loving, but not quite as energetic!
If you ask him he'll tell you that he takes "Good boy pills"!
We absolutely love our little Bradon. He has struggled in school for a while now and it has really bothered him. He wants more than anything to become a better reader. We have known that he is a very active boy but we have always chalked it up to "just being a boy"! At parent teacher conferences this last month we decided that it was time to see if there was more to his energy than "just being a boy"! We took him into the pediatrician after filling out a questionnaire and having his teacher at school fill out a separate questionnaire. The Doctor looked the questionnaires over and then sat with us for an extended length of time asking questions and just talking with us. Over and over again he reassured Bradon that he was a good kid and that he hasn't done anything wrong. After the appointment we went to the pharmacy to get his new "good boy pills". The first few days of taking them was a bit rocky to say the least, but ever since then, Bradon is a different kid. He can sit still now! Not only can he sit still, but he can sit still QUIETLY! He can concentrate on a task long enough to get it done. At night time he sleeps better and longer. It's like this amazing transformation has taken place and it has changed the dynamics of our whole family. Our whole family is calmer now. I talked with his teacher today and she said that it's like night and day with Bradon. She couldn't be happier! I hope that this will help him with school so that he can succeed like he wants to. Bradon is a good kid and we couldn't be more thrilled with our NEW fun loving more calm Bradon!
2 comments:
Stephanie -- I am so happy for Bradon. How discouraging to want to achieve goals and feel like your hands are tied. Of course you were such a good mom to talk about it instead of just consistently pressure like I do! He is such a cute boy and I'm jealous :) and happy for the dynamic changes in your family.
I am so glad that you were able to give Bradon the tools he needs to feel good about himself at school. When I taught 2nd grade I had several kids that made that same transformation. Way to go. Your are such a great Mom to recognize the problem and do whatever it takes to help your son.
Post a Comment