Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


This year for Thanksgiving we thought that we were going to be spending it all by ourselves.  I told David that we should put the word out and see if there was anyone else who didn't have family to spend Thanksgiving with and we should get together.  You know me, I love a good party/get together and I was having a hard time thinking that we would be doing Thanksgiving all alone.

From left to right:  Stephanie, David, Garrett, Page, Beth and Gary

Then about a week before Thanksgiving I got a phone call from Beth Turley saying that they were going to be in Utah for Thanksgiving but didn't have anyone to spend Thanksgiving day with.  We were thrilled!  

Gary Turley and David have been friends since they were little boys.  David met Beth while Gary was on his mission and then when Gary got home David set them up on a blind date.  And the rest was history, so they say!  David let all of Gary and Beth's kids know that they owed their lives to him!

From left to right:  Keri, Reed, Bradon, Kyle, Carsten, Ethan, Heidi, and Reagan.

So on Wednesday night Gary and Beth came with all 7 of their kids to have a sleep over and Thanksgiving feast.  The kids had a blast together!  I love how kids can become buddy old chums within minuets of meeting each other.

Their little baby Lewis and our little baby Talan.

The Turleys are a fabulous family and we are so THANKFUL that they came to spend Thanksgiving with us!  Beth is a great cook and she helped with so much!  It was fun working and learning from her in the kitchen.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You always have great parties, Steph! Sounds like everything was fun. I can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!

Wendy said...

Looks like you had a great time.

I saw Vonda at Walmart a week ago. She really wants to do a get together too. We were thinking about an adults game night or something. What do you think? the gneitings live near us, too. And Standages. Can you think of anyone else?

Wendy said...

And the Whitmers.

Maybe we could host an adult game night at our house in January? Would that interest you?