My dirty faced little rascal!
This kid is non-stop on the go! He spends his time getting into things, making messes and exploring his world. All of which is very normal. If he didn't do these things and keep me on my toes full time I would be worried. Now I know that I've mentioned this before, but I feel that it's necessary to remind you of this little fact about Talan before telling you what happened to him.
Last Sunday as we were getting ready to go down to the church for Carsten's baptism interview we heard Talan from the other room burst out crying. This was defiantly an "I'm hurt" kind of cry. I ran in to see what had happened. The iron was lying on the floor next to him. I took him into the other room to examine him to see where he had gotten hurt. The back of his hand was white! We quickly ran it under cold water and got on WebMD to see what to do. I found some burn bandages that seemed to really take the pain away. I then kept medicine and a bandage on it at all times changing the bandage everyday. On Thursday when I changed the bandage, it had a bad odor. I called the doctor and got him in. Dr. Mumford looked at it and said that it was a 3rd degree burn! Poor little guy! Dr. Mumford assured me that I had done everything he would have done to treat it, but since it was getting infected he would start him on a topical antibiotic and and oral antibiotic to be safe. He said that there is a slight chance he will need a skin graft done and also a slight chance it affected his nerves and he has lost feeling on the top of his middle finger. Only time will tell as it heals. As I was getting ready to leave the office he told me that this was just an accident, this kind of thing comes with his age. He then went on to tell me that it was okay to feel bad for him but that I shouldn't feel guilty.
I feel so bad for him! He's a tough little kid though. He has been so good about letting me change his bandage. He whimpers a little when the old bandage first comes off, but that's it. He sits very still as I put the new one on. He's a good little patient!
No comments:
Post a Comment