Talan couldn't be any cuter!
This kid loves living!
He is full of energy, curiosity, mischief and fun!
He makes messes faster than I can clean them up! (Notice his lovely orange artwork on the wall behind him!) He loves to make people laugh and I think he loves being "the baby!"
The other day we put Carsten's football uniform on him and he loved it! The helmet was a little much for his tiny little body to carry, but he loved having those pads on! The first thing he did when he got them on was dive on the ground. He loved it! He did it over and over again! It was as if he knew that that's what he was suppose to do!
This last month or so has been rough on our tough little 21 month old! We are still wrapping his burnt hand everyday. It's getting a lot better but he hates for it to be unwrapped. This last week he developed Croop in the middle of the night. It was a long restless night, one that I didn't want to go through again so I took him into the doctor. They confirmed that he had Croop and gave him a steroid shot. The doctor checked his ears and told me that he also had a double ear infection. Then she said that while we had him there in the office we ought to test him for the flu. They tested him and while I was waiting for the results I remembered that he had had the flu shot earlier this month. When she came back in to tell me that he had tested positive for the flu I told her that he had already had the flu shot and questioned her weather that meant that this flu would be less severe. She then asked, "He had the H1N1 shot?" I said no, and then she told me that what he has is H1N1. What? Are you kidding me? I only brought the boy in because he had CROOP!
So now he is taking a flu medication, an antibiotic and Motrin. Then he had an allergic reaction to something (what we don't know) and has a bad case of hives all over his body! So we have added Benadryl to the medication list. Poor little guy! He hates taking medicine so twice a day I get to pin the little guy down and give him 4 different oral meds, put hydrocortisone cream all over his body and once a day we change his bandages on his hand. Oh it's fun to be a nurse/mother, and pretty sucky to be Talan!
So we hope that all this medication will help our little guy so that he can start feeling better, become full of energy, curious, mischievous and fun again! Not that this sickness has kept him from making messes... it's just slowed him down a bit!
We love you little Talan!
Get better soon!
2 comments:
Once again Abe and Talan are on the same program. Abe has a double ear infection and pink eye. I was also marveling at how quickly he can make messes.
From Ethan A
Mom what did you do with the little Dime by his feet, I want it.
Post a Comment