The American Fork High School Cheer puts on a cheer clinic as a fund raiser every year. All ages of little girls can come to learn a cute little halftime show that they then preform at halftime of the friday night football game. Reagan's little friend Callie was going to do it so I asked Reagan if she wanted to do it too. She was so excited! From that point on she asked me everyday multiple times, "Do I have cheer today?" I was surprised by her excitement because just a few months ago I practically begged her to take a dance class and she flat out refused.
She loved it! She could do nothing but talk about it.
Everything about it was SO COOL!
They asked us to dress our girls in layers because it would be cold the night of the game. I got out black pants and a black long sleeve turtleneck for her to wear under the cheer shirt they were going to be giving her. She put it on and then as it was time to head out the door to the rehearsal she started throwing a fit! (One of those fits that you can't understand anything they are trying to say, were they act as if they haven't slept in days and they are in need of a huge spanking... yeah that kind of fit!) I got her in the car and then tried to reason with her. It turns out that she doesn't like turtlenecks! I told her that she only had to wear it long enough to rehearse and then we would go to the store and get her something else. Due to the FIT we got to the school a few minuets late and we were rushing to the field. Then Reagan all of a sudden decided to scream and yell, lay on the asphalt and throw another yet more advanced fit! Are you kidding me! Needless to say but I was ready to give this girl the smack-down!!! We got out to the field amongst all the other cheerleaders and it continued.
Did she practice....NO!
Was I ticked....YES!
When it was over I got her her little cheer shirt and she put it on without the turtleneck. Finally she calmed down long enough to have a somewhat reasonable conversation.
Oh, did I mention that my mom and dad and my mother-in-law had just flown into town and were coming to the game that night just to see Reagan!
I thought about taking her home and putting her to bed. I thought about making her wear what she had on. I thought about NEVER letting the girl do any kind of preforming art again... throughout her whole life! I thought of lots of things! And then I drove her to Old Navy and got her a new white undershirt, new black leggings and threatened her that if she didn't get out there and preform with the rest of the girls not only would she not have any future in taking a dance class EVER but the cloths would go back to the store and I would buy something for ME!!!
Did I do the right thing?
Probably not!
So we get to the game and she's just as happy as a clam!
When it was time for her to go on, ON SHE WENT!
She did her little dance!
She looked as if she was having the time of her life, and she was!
She giggled with the girls!
She absolutely loved every second of it
and she couldn't have been any cuter!
We got pictures with her AF cheerleader...
And when it was all over with she was still so excited that she could hardly contain herself having to give Callie BIG HUGS!
What am I going to do with my
LITTLE MISS CHEERLEADER?
2 comments:
So sorry to tell you Mom of all boys and one girl: you're in for some troubllllle! Cute story!!
That was such a fun little clinic....Callie is still singing some of the songs they learned. Little stinker Reagadeggg!!
Post a Comment