On St. Patrick's Day I give each on of my kids a box of Lucky Charms. This year I can't tell you how many times I saw a box of Lucky Charms sitting on the grocery store shelf and I told myself, "It's too early. I'll get it later." Yesterday just after checking out at the grocery store I
realized that I had forgotten the Lucky Charms. I was in a hurry and thought, "I'll just get them tonight." So last night I went to a different store and they were asking $5.00 a box! There is no way I'm spending $5.00 for a box of cereal! So I went to
Walmart. You know the store that is known for low prices. Well
unfortunately it's also the store that runs out of things! Every single box of Lucky Charms had been sold! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Obviously I'm not the only one with this cute little tradition! Well apparently 3 grocery stores in one day is my limit because I was done! So this year my little tradition went by the wayside and
GREEN frosted cinnamon rolls took it's place. The kids likes the cinnamon rolls so who knows, maybe this will be my new
St. Patrick's Day tradition!
4 comments:
You can't beat cinnamon rolls! The kids are just excited they have a mom that tries to make life fun! You are awesome!
I think the drive from SL to here is about 12 hours. I would fly if I were you. It would be fun to catch up with you two!
I went to Smiths before school and the large box of Lucky Charms was only 2.99. Stick with me girl cuz I am a bargain shopper!!!!! I would totally trade for a cinnamon roll.
Mmmmmmmm.....cinnamon rolls. That just might put you as the winner of Mother Of The Year!!
You are a clever Mom! Although I'm not sure those look as appetizing as regular cinnamon rolls -- but kids don't notice that. They like the "cool" factor of the green frosting.
Post a Comment