Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thank You!


David and I are really quite touched.
We belong to one of the greatest wards ever. So thoughtful and kind. I can remember after Talan was born David and I were amazed at the number of people who came to our home to congratulate us, give us gifts and dinners. It was then that I realized that we had some pretty darn good cooks in the ward, and that I needed to step it up a notch. But it was also then that I began to understand Christlike service. These people weren't asked to do this for us, they chose to. They did it out of the goodness of their hearts. They did it out of love for their neighbor and fellow being. They did it because they love their Savior and want to be like him.
A few weeks ago we received this beautiful picture of the Savior and a book from 16 different families in our ward. It was a gift to show their love for us after David's dad passed away. So touching, so kind. We are so grateful to be apart of such a great ward. We are surrounded by Christlike people who make us want to become better. We just want to say thank you. Thank you for setting such a good example to us of Christlike love and service.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Everyone loves you guys! You are all awesome!!!!!!