Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our STAR student!

Reagan is the STAR student in her class this week!
I love how this picture really shows her size.
That poster board looks HUGE!

Reagan has been telling me since the beginning of the school year that I needed to make her star student poster because I had forgotten to do it the week she was the star student. This conversation usually took place while Reagan was looking at Carsten's old star student poster. I would tell Reagan that we hadn't missed her week and that her week would some day come. It's hard to wait for something so exciting! I hadn't received anything in her backpack about the star student and figured that when it was her week I would know, something would be sent home. In years past my kids have been star students around their birthday. Reagan's birthday isn't until May.

L
ast week I finally decided that I would go to the teacher and ask her about the "STAR STUDENT" thing. You know so I could give Reagan an exact date and then she could quit bugging me about it. Mrs. Barns said, "Well I'm not sure when Reagan's week is, let's go look." We walk over to the star student schedule and she looked and looked. "Well I don't see Reagan's name. Oh here it is, Reagan was the star student on October 19th. She was the first star student of the year!"

Yet another reason someone should nominate me to be
The Mother of the Year!
The reasons just keep staking up!

Poor little girl! She has a looser as a mother who refuses to listen to her. She knew what she was talking about and I.... well, what can I say. Nothing but, SORRY REAGAN!

Luckily Mrs. Barns said that Reagan could be the star student this week if she wanted to. I raced to the store and then made her star student poster. She was so thrilled to see it that she giggled with excitement!

As I took pictures Reagan decided that it would be fun to take a picture with her lying on the ground in front of her poster. I think she had a pretty good idea. Cute girl!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Poor Yeagie! She will keep you on your toes. Your poster is very cute.