Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mini Reunion of Sorts...

Just over 14 years ago I was transferred from Ichinomia where I had served for 8 months (with a Japanese companion) to Toyota were I would spend the last 3 months of my mission.
My new companion was Peterson Shimai. I remember being shocked that President Mackley had put us together. Shocked and elated all at the same time. Peterson Shimai was one of the funnest sisters in our mission and we were both just about to go home. We got to spend 2 full months with each other and it was a total blast!
Reed Choro was our district leader. He was a fun guy and together our district was one big party!

Last week I got word that Thom Reed was in town job hunting. I sent him a message and told him that I would love to meet up with him. Lori Peterson Preston lives just down the street from me in Lehi. Yeah, go figure, I have lived here for almost 4 years now and Lori and I haven't ever gotten together before now. Well I think Thom being in town is all the reason we needed to get together and have a mini Toyota district reunion of sorts!

We met here at my house and had so much fun talking, telling stories and reminiscing about our missions. I brought out pictures of us serving together and we had some good laughs! We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then to The Smart Cookie for dessert. We came back to the house and then Thom called President Mackley making our mini mission reunion complete!

2 comments:

Bart's Clan said...

What a sweet post Steph! I loved seeing you guys again...it felt just like old times!

Denise said...

Awesome. Your mission is all coming back to you with in one 12 month span!