Monday, March 8, 2010

President's Circle

President's Circle is the highest award one can receive working at Fidelity. David won it in 2008 but due to the poor economy they chose not to have a reward trip. Instead they gave out cash to all the winners. David put his cash toward his new red truck. In 2009 David won President's Circle again. At the end of January we found out that we would be going to The Ritz Carlton in Naples, Florida. David and I (just the two of us) haven't been on a vacation since... since...
since our honeymoon!

Wow! This was a well needed trip if you ask me!

We flew David's mom Jeannine to Utah to watch the kids. Bless her heart! She had her work cut out for her. Taking care of 5 kids including a curiously active 2 year old boy isn't always an easy task!
We jumped on a plane, met some interesting/weird people, had a lay over in Atlanta, Georgia and then arrived safely in Fort Meyers, Florida and then finally on to The Ritz Carlton where we were treated like royalty!

That first night we went down for dinner and they snapped this photo of the two of us. We each got to pick out a new pair of Maui Jim sunglasses that we later found out cost about $200.00 each.
And the spoiling fest began!

This is the view outside our room window.

Lunch on the beach was beautiful!

And a view of the hotel from that beach.

We took a sight seeing cruise of Naples Bay and The Backwaters of Keeywadin Island.

We cruised by the famous homes of Port Royal.
This one we were told was the winter home of Martina McBride.

And a little picture of
Mr. President's Circle
award winner himself.
If you look closely you can see me taking his picture in his sunglasses. The weather was nice. The sun was shinning yet it was a little bit chilly!

That night when we got back from cruising we got ready and went to the fancy awards dinner. They took this cute picture of us.

I really probably should have placed a warning at the beginning of this post... Warning! Nothing but pictures of David and Stephanie!

The awards dinner was nothing less than fabulous! The tables were gorgeous, the food was almost too pretty to eat, I was greeted at my place setting with a blue box from Tiffany and Co. with a anchor charmed necklace in it. We were seated at a table with 4 other couples from Salt Lake City, Utah. None of us drank and we all managed to have a wonderfully fun evening!

The next morning we woke up to it raining cats and dogs. We thought that for sure they would be canceling our golf outing. I went to change our activity to something "less outside" and they told me that I was welcome to change my activity but golfing had not been canceled. I looked outside and then took another look at the lady with a very puzzeled confussed look about my face and she said, "The radar says it will stop raining at 11:00 and the sun will shine." And what do you know, at 11:00 it stopped raining and the sun shone!

We had a great time golfing. We golfed the PGA gold course at Tiburon. The weather was perfect. I wish I could say the same about my golf but it was anything but. I was so glad that the weather cooperated with us because golfing was what David had been really looking forward to. David unlike me, golfed a pretty darn good game of golf.

When we got back from our 18 holes of fun we ran out to the beach to write a few names in the sand as the sun was setting. It was absolutely beautiful!

A man walking along the beach snapped this picture of the two of us.

We really couldn't have asked for a better getaway. It was just what the doctor ordered! We were spoiled like no tomorrow. Yummy all you could eat food, gifts brought to our room each night, turn down service with chocolates upon our pillows, fun activities, good speakers, good entertainment, fun people to meet and mingle with, beautiful breathtaking scenery, Oh and did I forget to mention ping pong? All this without paying for a thing!

But best of all, David for the first time since being with Fidelity felt validated! He has been the #1 sales guy in his department for 9 quarters in a row now and hasn't had as much as a little "Way to go David!" But President's Circle, that's a whole different ball of wax. Over and over again they were praised for their good work. They were appreciated for what they have done for the company. They were recognized in a way that will hopefully carry them through until next year! I'm so proud of David and his accomplishments. He is such a hard worker. I've never met a better multitasker than David. He is able to get so much done in such a short amount of time. He is very focused and self driven. I don't think there is anything he's unable to do. And not just do, but he finds away to excel at and be the best and "do" to the best of his ability! He's an overachiever! And I don't think you can find a finer quality than that! I know that he doesn't just work hard for himself either. He works hard to provide for us here at home. He loves us and it shows!

CONGRATULATIONS DAVID, I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

watergirl said...

Glad David finally got his reward and that you could share it with him. I'm sure it nice to finally get away. Congrats to you both. Looks like it was a blast!

Aimee said...

Your formal picture is gorgeous! It was fun to read your post. Let's do it again in 2011!!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Your formal picture is SO CUTE!!! You for sure need to frame that and put it in your home office!!