Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Names in the sands of Florida





While on our vacation it was the one year anniversary of our neighbor and good friends little girl Gracie's death. David and I knew that we wanted to write Gracie's name in the sand for them. After we got done doing this we thought it would be neat to write all of our own children's names in the sand too. It was fun! It had just rained and the clouds still looked a little stormy. You can see the sunset vaguely through the clouds in the distance.
The kids were pretty excited to see their names written
in the sands of Florida.
However, Reagan is very envious of Carsten's name because, "he got a bird in his!" Every time she sees the pictures she says, "I want a bird with my name!" Too bad so sad! Apparently Carsten is our favorite this time!

2 comments:

Shari said...

At least Reagan got her name in the sand. I didn't even get that. My friend went to Florida and all I got was this post. Next trip I want my name in the sand and a bird!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

How funny because I noticed that Carsten's had a bird in it too and thought that was fun so I can see why Reagan wants one! Thanks again for the pictures of Gracie's name in the sand, they turned out so pretty!