Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SURPRISE!

There is just about nothing more fun
than surprising Grandma!


Janice, Jeannine and Mary Alice
While Grandma Adair was here for Christmas she really wanted to see her family. She talked about getting together with Janice and Mary Alice and she said she really wanted to see her brothers, Harry and Everett. Christmas is such a busy time with everyone's own family traditions that I just wasn't sure when it would be a good time to see everyone. The more I thought about it I decided that after Christmas would probably be better than before Christmas. And getting everyone together all at once would be easier than trying to make the rounds to see everyone individually even though it would be fun! So I decided to form a family party! And since surprising Grandma is so much fun... we would make it a surprise!

I called Janice and left a message with her. Then a day or so later Grandma called and left a message too. When Janice called back I told her of my plan and got her on board. I made a few more phone calls, emailed a few people and our surprise was on it's way!

Harry, Jeannine, Mary Alice and Everett
David took Grandma and the kids to the mall to go shopping while I quickly prepared lunch. Everyone came right on schedule parking their cars down the street. As David pulled up to the house after shopping Grandma commented, "It looks like one of your neighbors is having a party!" Yes, it does look like that doesn't it?

She walked in and was VERY MUCH SURPRISED!
My favorite part of surprising someone is the look on their face right at first. You can see their brain trying to figure out how they missed it! How did I not know about this? What were the clues that I obviously missed? And then when you know they loved and apprieciated it, that's when it's all worth it! And Grandma never disappoints! She is always overjoyed!

We had a house full! It was a lot of fun to see everybody. I'm so glad that everyone could come on such short notice. I know that Grandma loved it and that's what's really important!

1 comment:

Bryndee Slade said...

We had a great time. Thanks for throwing a party!