On a typical night Talan is in our bedroom watching something on T.V. while we all gather in the family room to read.
It's nice! All the kids can read, and we all take turns reading. And then on some nights we even bust out in family discussion about what we have read.
And then Talan joins us for family prayer. And Talan ALWAYS has to say it! So we say TWO!
Talan's prayer goes something like this.
"Father, Church, Amen"
Tonight unlike most nights, Talan wasn't watching anything on T.V. when it was time for Scripture study therefore Talan wandered about the room demanding this and that. "Mom sit on my leg!" followed with throwing a fit because I said no. "Mom come on!" as he pulls my finger trying to get me to go who knows where. [We walked in circles, I never figured out what he really wanted, and to tell you the truth, I don't think he even knew!] And then he notices that we were all taking turns reading. "My turn? When's my turn?" We tell him he would have a turn in a little while. He seemed okay with that answer and we continued on. So when it came to a part with several small verses I had Reagan read a few and then had Talan give it a shot. "Talan it's your turn to read." He was excited! He climbed down off the sofa table, [yes I said OFF the TABLE!] made his way over the arm of the couch and sat beside me.
We were reading 1 Nephi 14:20
And "And"
the angel "angel"
said "said"
unto me "me!"
Behold "Behold!"
one "Two! Three!"
[David and I couldn't help but to give a little chuckle]
of the twelve "TWELVE!"
apostles "aposicles, where's my posicles?
[we laugh again!]
No it says APOSTLES! "I want posicles!"
of the Lamb. "where's my posicles?"
Talan, we don't have any Popsicles!
...Carsten, you've got verse 21.
So pretty good for a first time scripture read!
We know that Talan can count to THREE and he LOVES Popsicles!
It's nice! All the kids can read, and we all take turns reading. And then on some nights we even bust out in family discussion about what we have read.
And then Talan joins us for family prayer. And Talan ALWAYS has to say it! So we say TWO!
Talan's prayer goes something like this.
"Father, Church, Amen"
Tonight unlike most nights, Talan wasn't watching anything on T.V. when it was time for Scripture study therefore Talan wandered about the room demanding this and that. "Mom sit on my leg!" followed with throwing a fit because I said no. "Mom come on!" as he pulls my finger trying to get me to go who knows where. [We walked in circles, I never figured out what he really wanted, and to tell you the truth, I don't think he even knew!] And then he notices that we were all taking turns reading. "My turn? When's my turn?" We tell him he would have a turn in a little while. He seemed okay with that answer and we continued on. So when it came to a part with several small verses I had Reagan read a few and then had Talan give it a shot. "Talan it's your turn to read." He was excited! He climbed down off the sofa table, [yes I said OFF the TABLE!] made his way over the arm of the couch and sat beside me.
We were reading 1 Nephi 14:20
And "And"
the angel "angel"
said "said"
unto me "me!"
Behold "Behold!"
one "Two! Three!"
[David and I couldn't help but to give a little chuckle]
of the twelve "TWELVE!"
apostles "aposicles, where's my posicles?
[we laugh again!]
No it says APOSTLES! "I want posicles!"
of the Lamb. "where's my posicles?"
Talan, we don't have any Popsicles!
...Carsten, you've got verse 21.
So pretty good for a first time scripture read!
We know that Talan can count to THREE and he LOVES Popsicles!
4 comments:
He sounds pretty into it. At least he's listening. My boys just like the picture of the guy with the sword (Nephi).
i love it. wish i were there.
I usually read this while nursing so it is too hard to comment. But I am not now so here is a catch up on comments. I still can't decide if I want to join "that" club. Yes, you are addicted. : ) And last I find it hilarious that he wants to know where his popcicles are.
That sounds like scripture study at my house. It is also how our FHE goes. I love it when those little guys read like that, too cute.
Post a Comment