Friday, February 24, 2012

This morning...

I was going about my normal routine. I dropped the kids off at school and then headed down the hill to get a soda. I took Talan in the store with me. Talan picked out a treat that took him an abnormal amount of time to pick out. (This typically happens when he's trying to con me into something more expensive than he's allowed to choose.) I ran into a few friends and chit chatted for awhile. Then I started my errands.

First on the list was to go to Haws Woodworks to visit Jeremy. I had to pick up scrap wood for the scout campout tonight so they can build a fire. I got to Jeremy's shop and went inside to find him. He wasn't inside so I went back outside and asked a few of his employees where he might be. They pointed me to the Crossfit gym across the parking lot and so I went there to find him. Jeremy and I walked back to the shop together and then I went to the back of my truck to get the big barrel out that I had brought to put the wood in. I opened up the back end and there was Bradon!

I was instantly confused!
"Bradon what are you doing here? How did you get here?"
He got a little smirk on his face that only a 12 year old could have and
said, "I was just seeing how long it would take for you to notice!"
"NOTICE? Notice what?"
"Notice that you forgot to drop me off!"
"WHAT? Why didn't you say anything?"

Are you kidding me?
You see I drop Reagan off at one end of the school and then I drop Bradon off at the other. Not to mention that I drop Carsten off at the same end that I drop Bradon off at just an hour earlier. I've got a lot of stuff swirling around my head and I think it's kind of the kids responsibility to make sure they actually gets dropped off! I mean seriously, it's not like I became his mother yesterday! He knows how I am! First off multitasking is not my forte! Secondly, why am I dropping Reagan and Bradon off in two separate places anyways? They both have feet! They can walk! And lastly, what is he screwing with me for! I realize that it's kind of funny, but COME ON! Now I have to drive him back to school!

I said to him, "Bradon I realize that you think this is funny." And he says, "Yes I do!" "But there is going to have to be a consequence. I'm going to talk to your dad and figure something out."

Okay so I get it! I forgot to drop him off! But he forgot to get dropped off! If you were on a bus and the bus driver was passing up your stop without slowing down wouldn't you say something? Or would you stay on the bus until the bus driver's shift was over and say, I was just seeing how long it would take for you to notice. I'm pretty sure he would say, NOTICE WHAT?

Just another day in my life I guess!
But from now on... I drop off at one end of the school only!
Don't mess with me!

No comments: