Mother's Day morning right before we left for church the kids wanted me to open up my mother's day present they got for me. I guess that David took them to Thanksgiving Point and let them pick something out for me, from all of them. They got me this cool Rooster! It's hard to see in this picture but it has little chicks at it's feet. It's very cute and it will go great in my kitchen! They also got me a bouquet of flowers and gourmet maltballs, my favorite! David said that he didn't help them pick it, they knew just what they wanted to get me. Cute huh? They know me well!
These are all the things they made me at school.
Reagan planted a flower for me at preschool
and made me 2 Mothers Day cards.
Carsten made this cool plate at school. He also made this card that has 4 flowers one it. Each flower has a job on the back that he will do for me when I pick the flower! Awesome, I love when my kids do jobs for me!
Bradon planted me a flower too!
He also drew a picture of me with a poem!
To Mother
Little birds have a mom to bring them juicy bugs.
Little bunnies have a mom to bring them bunny hugs.
Little fishes have a mom to help them off the hook.
Little bookworms have a mom to help them find a book.
Little kittens have a mom to help them wash their faces.
Little puppies have a mom to keep them in their places.
Little bullfrogs have a mom to teach them how to croak.
Little acorns have a mom to say ther're oakey-doak.
Little monkeys have a mom to show them monkey shines.
Little flowers have a mom to chase the dandelions.
But they'd say their moms were swell if only they could tell us,
But guess it's good they don't know YOU cause OH would they be jealous!
Ethan made me a bouquet of tissue flowers, a punch card worth 11 vacuum jobs and a poem he wrote himself! The poem says:
Mother's Day
A Mother's Day Poem
Just for you. Cleaning teaching
Is what you do best
Fourth of July, Easter day
But Mother's Day is the best.
By: Ethan Adair
So there you have it,
A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY!
I love my children so much and I'm am so grateful for the opportunity I have in raising them! What a enormous responsibility Heavenly Father has entrusted me with! I am lucky to have good kids who love their Heavenly Father and have a desire to choose the right. I am also lucky to have a wonderful husband who I am nothing without!
David thinks he's so funny every mother's day when he tells me that he's not getting me anything for mother's day because I'M NOT HIS MOTHER! (I think that my dad taught him this trick! Thanks Dad!) But then he always comes through by making sure that the children do their best in celebrating me and letting me know how much they love me. That in itself is the best gift, LOVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment