Today Freedom Elementary School had their traditional Dance Festival. David took the day off work so that he could go and support his kids.
Reagan was strutting her Freedom shirt, showing a little school spirit along with a little attitude!
The Dance Festival was really fun! This was our families first dance festival because last year we went to Arizona the last week of school. Now I know why everyone gets so excited for the dance festival. I think that I would have loved being in a school dance festival when I was a kid.
They had the dance festival out on the field. The entire student body sat in seats forming a big square and facing the middle of the square. All the parents sat or stood around them. One grade at a time the kids ran to the middle of the square and preformed their dance. Carsten along with the entire Kindergarten preformed a Hawaiian dance to the Hukilau!
It was very cute! Carsten knew the dance and knew the songs. He was looking good in his new hawaiian shirt and mohawk!
Ethan and the 4th grade did a square dance. They had to dance with girls! This was a big topic of discussion around here for the last month or so. Not a girl! Gross! But secretly I think he and his friends enjoyed it! David ran out and bought this new fancy cream colored cowboy hat so that Ethan could dress the part! I think that he looks cute! The other 2 boys in the picture are Ethan's friends Marcus (in the black hat) and Max. Cute kids! I think they did great!
Bradon and the 2nd grade did some kind of african safari dance. Bradon had to dance with a girl but I heard nothing of it. Apparently it was no big deal to him! Bradon was all business when it came to dancing! He was very serious! He knew the dance very well and did a great job!
I'm so proud of all the boys and it was a lot of fun watching them preform.
No comments:
Post a Comment