Friday, July 18, 2008

The JC Slade family reunion


July 11th-13th we were in Cedar City Utah 
for the JC Slade family reunion.
David and I were in charge of the reunion along with Robert and Jenny Slade.  We were in charge of the activities and they were in charge of everything else (Thank heavens!).

We had all the activities at Park Discovery.  It was a really nice park and we totally lucked out on the weather.  It wasn't blazing hot!  
The first day we all met together at the park for a BBQ or whatever we brought.  Most of us just went to KFC.  The kids were thrilled to see their Grandma and Grandpa Adair.
The theme was BE ALL YOU CAN BE so we started the reunion off Saturday morning with the national guard doing a flag ceremony.  Jim Slade is the shortest of the four.  Jim is David's first cousin.  It was awesome to watch!
 
The whole reunion long Reagan hung out with Grandpa Adair.  She snuggled with him, played on his walker and got an occasional ride on it as well! 

We had plenty of games and activities for people of all ages to enjoy.  We just hope that they really did enjoy them!  This is a picture of Carsten being in charge of the duck pond.

We played kick ball with the baby pools as bases.  Ethan even had fun playing this!
  
This is the paint-ball sling shot game.  This was a total hit!  In the picture is Joe Slade shooting and his mom Pam in the red shirt observing.   

We took the back side of Ethan's clown from the primary carnival and made Target Boy for our paint-ball target!

This was the obstacle course.  Jake and his older sister had fun competing against each other.  Jake is a cool kid!  He has down syndrome and is extremely sweet and fun too!  At one point at the reunion he was chasing Carsten and if he caught him he would try to tackle him to the ground.  Carsten was running for his life and Jake was loving it.  It was then that I wish I had a video camera!

We did a water bucket relay race against families.  Virgil's family won it but then they were a team made up of all adults.  Not exactly fair but we didn't care!  It was all about the fun!  And fun it was!
After playing games and activities all day, we had a family auction that was a lot of fun and then ended the night with watching family videos that each family brought.  It was fun and I think that everyone really enjoyed themselves.

This is Uncle Virgil sharing his opinions at the family business meeting.

The last and final day of the reunion we had a church meeting and then a family business meeting.  This is a tradition that never changes.  I think that it is a good tradition.  I think that it ends the reunion on a good note and if you have anything that you want to say or suggest then you can.  Every year they discuss weather or not the JC Slade family reunion should continue on or not.  Every year we end up deciding that it should continue.  So in two years we will do it all again!  I really like the Slade family, I love the reunions and I'm happy to continue. 

1 comment:

Slades said...

We had a lot of fun! Thanks for everything. It was so nice to meet you.