Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Haws reunion begins with some 4th of July fun!


On the 4th of July my dad and Emma flew into town.  Shortly after they showed up, in walked Uncle Jay, Uncle Scot, Aunt Nancy and Aunt Sally.  Scot, Nancy and Sally had just flown in from Washington.  
Let the Haws family reunion begin!  
We all sat around the table shooting the bull for a little while and then headed over to Aunt Cindy's house where the real party began!

Cindy had a pool set up for the kids to swim.  The kids had a blast!  Well, all except for Reagan! She thought that she was going to die for some reason!  Reagan's swim lasted all but about 2 minuets!  It took longer to change her in and out of her bathing suite than it did for her to decide she hated swimming!  

We had hamburgers and chips, a variety of delicious salads and desserts and homemade root beer!  It was lovely!  Everyone hung out in the back yard where the weather was perfect!  It was a lot of fun!
  My Aunt Cindy lives next door to the BYU Stadium where Miley Cyrus and The Blue Man Group were performing at the Stadium of Fire.  My mom walked the kids a little closer so they could see Miley Cyrus on the jumbo screen.  She forgot to tell me that she was taking them and when I noticed that they were missing I panicked!   Luckily we found them and I could calm down and enjoy the awesome firework display!

Talan loved the fireworks!
You can't really see the fireworks in this picture but they were there!
After the show we hung around until the traffic died down and then we headed back home.  It was a late night but lots of fun!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for actually documenting the day. I just got, "it was fun" from my family.

Staci Kramer said...

I absolutley love this picture of Talan. I can't even tell you how much I'm dying to see him. Mom and Dad just went on and on about how stinkin' cute he is. We are definitely going to come up there soon, I miss you guys a lot!

Mendy said...

Your kids are so darn cute! That little girl of yours is a beautiful! We were in Provo last year for stadium of fire. I love to be in Utah for the 4th! Looks like you had a great time.

Ok, so I also read on a previous post that you wanted to have us leave a memory... I remember staying in you house, in your room, after our house burn down when I was a kid. I remember going to your empty house and thinking it was the biggest house and backyard I had ever seen. I also remember in high school playing against your school in tennis. I watch you play your match and wished I was a good as you were! Do you still play? I've never stopped and love everytime I get a chance to play.