Sweet Baby Gracie passed away on March 2, 2009
Her funeral services were Saturday March 7th.
This is the front of the program for her funeral. It was a perfect funeral for a perfect little girl. Everything about it was beautiful. The prayers, the talks, the music. It was all absolutely perfect! Gracie was beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful baby. Gracie was loved by a countless number of people. She made a bigger impact and influenced more for good in her short 11 months of life than most people do in a lifetime. We are so grateful to have known her. I will never forget her big bright eyes... she never took her eyes off you!
We love you Gracie girl!
On Gracie's blog Michele posted special lyrics written for mothers who have lost a child.
The lyrics are to the song 'I am a Child of God'
I thought that I would post them on my blog
because they are perfect in every way!
I am a child of God and He has called me home.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.
--Donna Kulliard
At the graveside we let off 347 balloons.
One balloon for every day Gracie lived on this earth.
The thought of losing one of my own is almost more than I can bear. Tom and Michele are such an amazing example to me. Their strength and courage is remarkable! They have handled everything about Gracie's life in the most Christlike manner. They have done nothing but love her and cherish everyday they were blessed with her.
Thank you Tom and Michele
for sharing your Gracie girl with us!
2 comments:
You are so thoughtful and have been such a great friend to the Gledhill Family. The balloons were a wonderful tribute to Gracie's life. Thanks for being such a great example.
Stephanie, This is Tom-
I don't know what we would do with-out you guys! Thanks for everything!!!
Those balloons were such a perfect tribute to her life. To have everyone at the graveside help take part in releasing balloons towards heaven, one balloon for each day of her life, was an overwhelming sight to behold. Thank you for sacrificing your time, talents, money, and SLEEP to make this all happen!
Post a Comment