On Saturday Ethan competed in the district knowledge bowl.
This years subject was humanities. Humanities is a very tough subject! A subject that I defiantly never had to learn about in school. In fact I'm pretty sure that most people haven't learned the things these kids were expected to know. I think they did a pretty good job considering the tough subject. David and I really enjoyed watching Ethan doing something he enjoys and has studied so hard for.
This is his team before 1 of the 4 games they played.
Ethan ready to play with his hand in buzzing position...
Doesn't he look excited!
This is the whole team with their coach Mrs. Child.
Way to go team!
Next year the subject is Geography. Ethan is a little more excited about geography. So hopefully the district doesn't drop the knowledge bowl program along with all the other cuts they plan to make due to the poor economy. I think the knowledge bowl program is perfect for these smart little kids. It gives them a time to shine!
2 comments:
Ethan is so one of my peeps. I would have loved knowlede bowl when I was a kid. Its fun to see him find a niche that he is good at. My dream is to be on Jeopardy, although I'm not smart enough. Tell Ethan to set a goal to be on Jeopardy one day so that his aunt Staci can live vicariously through him. sphar
The score was
Freedom:95
opponent:65
Freedom:50
opponent:55
Freedom:45
opponent:55
Freedom:10
opponent:175
Post a Comment