Friday, March 20, 2009

I never got a trophy!


Carsten is our middle child.  

Sometimes life just isn't fair and it seems like everyone around you is getting more stuff and having more fun!  Lately Carsten is feeling this way.  Almost every night when I tuck him in bed he expressed to me something that didn't go his way, something that isn't fair, or someway his life just isn't any fun.  I try to point out the good things in his life and he figures out a way to throw a negative spin on it.

Last year Carsten was pretty excited to play basketball and football.  He had watched as his older brother Bradon had played these sports and how at the end of each season Bradon was awarded a really cool trophy!  

So on the day of Carsten's last basketball game of the season when the trophies were going to be awarded, there was a blizzard and we were not able to make it to the game.  We never saw the trophy!   

At the end of Carsten's football season we went to the end of the year team party and they didn't pass out trophies at all!  Carsten was devastated!  He did a pretty good job of not showing his disappointment at the party but let us know after the party was over that it just wasn't fair!  David and I felt sorta bad for Carsten.  We told him that we would get him a trophy.  

Every now and then Carsten asks us about the trophies he never received.  "Oh yeah, we said that we would get you a trophy!"  This last week as Carsten was having one of his poor me middle child melt downs, I remembered about his trophies he's never received.  I told me mom about it and she insisted that we go out and get him some trophies!  So off the the trophy shop we went!

Carsten now not only has 1
but 2 AWESOME trophies!

Congratulations Carsten on a great 
basketball and football season 2008!  
We love you son!

5 comments:

Parks Pack said...

those are cool trophies. im playing football this year 2009.by the way im back into blogging so im up for comments



carter

The Hendricks Family said...

I love that picture of Carsten!!! You can tell that he is so proud.
Way to go Carsten!

milan said...

From Grandma Haws....This picture is worth every cent the trophies cost! Everyone needs a trophy--especially a middle child!

Sabra said...

What an awesome mom and grandma! I never got a trophy either.

Lindsay said...

being a middle child does Stink! I still am getting over it. Those trophies are cool. go grandma haws!