Last week my mom and dad came for a little visit. They brought my nephew Milan with them. They were here from Saturday afternoon until Thursday morning. It was a lot of fun having them here except for I felt bad that we didn't do anything special while they were here. Usually when they come I plan all sorts of activities to go and do. This time I was a dud and planned nothing! They kept telling me that we didn't need to go and do anything, that they came to just hang out and to be with us. So hang out we did!
The weather was especially nice while they were here. You would have thought that the kids would be excited to go outside to play. No! That just wasn't the case! All they wanted to do is play on the stupid computer. If they weren't playing computer games they were playing Xbox , the Wii, or the DS. Oh yeah, occasionally they watched a movie. We had to beg them to go outside and then within minuets they would end up back inside again!
They enjoyed showing Grandma everything they could do on the computer.
Turns out that Milan fits right in with my kids. He loves the computer too! On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, we took turns pulling a different kid out of school 2 hours early to play with their cousin Milan. Every day no matter which kid we checked out they ended up playing on the computer together. I finally gave up and told the kids that it was their 2 hours, do with it what you want!
Club penguin was a real favorite!
Grandma and Grandpa both got to bond with Talan again.
He loved being with them!
He loved all the attention and love they gave him!
He especially loved the swigs of Mt. Dew Grandpa was giving him!
What kid wouldn't be in heaven?
It was a lot of fun! I think the kids all had a fabulous time hanging out with Milan and I know that they all already miss their Grandma and Grandpa Haws terribly! To bad they couldn't move here to be closer to us. I think that everyone should move here. It's my secret plan to convince the whole family to make the move!
6 comments:
Don't be offended I don't have half the blogs on my list that I visit. They were deleted once and I am just lazy have haven't replaced them. Missed you at dinner the other night.
The picture with your kids & Mom and Dad is such a treasure. It is great to make memories, even if it is just hanging out!
steph, you and david have a beautiful family. 5 kids, wow!!! tell david "hi" for me and that i am happy. (he always asked, "hydee, are you happy?") it's been a while since our days in the mesa college ward, but it's nice to see you again. so "hi" to y'all from hydee (ballantyne) seever.
You have legendary parents! I'm so glad they were able to come for a visit.
looks like it was a party! I love the first picture you posted!
Visits are so fun! I never want my parents to leave. Check my blog for the answer to your question...
Post a Comment