I don't know what it is with Talan and writing utensils, but he has a strong attraction to them! He always finds something to write with, and something (walls and furniture) to write on! This may sound like an over exaggeration on my part, but really this is an understatement!
And I have the walls to prove it!
His #1 most favorite writing utensil just happens to be the PERMANENT marker. Fine choice I know! It's bold and LONG LASTING! I think he's trying to make a statement! Time and time again we have found him walking around the house with a PERMANENT marker in hand. I don't know where he's finding them. When I need a permanent marker I can't seem to EVER find one. But leave it to Talan who's not even 2 years old to know exactly where they all are! It's gotten so bad that now whenever we see a permanent marker, we just throw it away!
I was at my friend Michelle's house getting my hair done. I brought Reagan and Talan along with me. While I was getting my hair done they were in the other room playing. With foils in my hair Talan came in to show me that he was holding a PERMANENT marker in his hand. Oh my gosh! Michelle went running into the other room to see if he had written on anything. And of course he had. He wrote all over her piano bench, white table, and dry erase board. Are you kidding me? Not at my friends house, all over everything! I was mortified! I couldn't believe that he had found a marker, a PERMANENT marker! Michelle quickly ran up stairs and came back down with Clorox clean-up and soft scrub. Luckily we caught it quick enough and it did the trick. She got it all out.
We were at my Aunt and Uncles house for Thanksgiving dinner a few weeks later. After dinner we were all sitting around chit chatting and my Aunt commented on how good Talan had been. Not even 5 minutes later we discovered he had found a PERMANENT marker and had drawn all over her fridge and wood chest. I swear! (Well I didn't really swear but I sure wanted to!) Seriously Talan, lay off the markers! We got the good old Clorox out and it came off once again. I'm telling you Clorox really works on permanent markers.
So now I'm on a quest. A quest to get the markings off my walls. The pencil, the pen, the crayon, and the Permanent marker! I went out and bought an 8 pack of magic erasers, and my first eraser went from this... to this, in no time!
Here is a nice little sampling of some of his best work. We call this little masterpiece, "Reflections." Actually I just made that up, we don't really call it anything. But maybe we should call it, "I need a swift kick in the pants!"
As I was scrubbing away at the walls I thought of this cute little quote.
"It will be gone before you know it. The fingerprints on the walls appear higher and higher, then suddenly they disappear." Dorothy Evslin
I really should just relax and enjoy the journey. Before I know it my house will be quite and all my walls will be clean.
5 comments:
I LOVE magic erasers! I knew right away what this is and who made the mess.
Too much! I know we are supposed to enjoy the journey...but permanent makers can make for a bumpy ride.
Love it. My favorite thing to have is Inkaway. It gets all ink (permanent, etc) out of anything. Works great on clothes. (which I've needed many times :) There's many things I miss now that my kids are older, but that is not one of them. :)
Don't worry- someday you will have grandkids and they can leave drawings all over your stuff. It will be so cute when it is the grandkids. Really just get frames and put them on the art. People will think you are so clever!
Magic Erasers are awesome -- but goo gone extreme is what you need to have on hand. It will take permanent marker off anything. Sorry about your little artist!
Post a Comment