Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ethan's first talk.


I just thought that I would report that Ethan gave his first talk ever in sacrament meeting this last Sunday.

He woke up Sunday morning and all of a sudden realized that he was suppose to give a talk. Who forgets they are giving a talk... in sacrament meeting? We quickly headed into the office and typed one up. He chose to speak on honesty.

He did a good job! Before going to church I made him read it several times, critiquing him every time he read it. Speak louder, speak slower, pronounce your words clearly, and if you can, look up at the audience every now and then. He was pretty sick of me within no time!

We were very proud of him. He spoke up. He didn't read it too fast. He spoke pretty clear. And at the end of every paragraph he pause to look up at the audience. It was so cute! David and I just looked at each other and smiled.

Our boy is growing up!

2 comments:

Ingram Family said...

It's one of those moments as a parent when you think - I'm doing alright!
Great job Ethan!

Denise said...

I know... it all happens so fast, huh? I look at my now 12 year old and just think, "When did that all happen?"