We had never been to The Festival of Trees before,
I guess we had no real reason to go.
We had heard about it on the television and radio ....
but exactly what it was, we did not know.
But this year was different, not only did we know,
this year we had all the reason in the world to go.
Sweet baby Gracie had her very own tree in the show!
Gracie Jean Gledhill
had a tree in her honor at the Festival of Trees.
Her mother Michele along with some family and friends put together and decorated the most beautiful representation of Gracie.
All the money spent on the tree was donated by those who loved sweet Gracie. The tree was then donated to The Festival of Trees and auctioned off. All the money from the auction went directly to Primary Children's hospital. There were 800 trees in the festival, all representing someone who had passed on. All very unique and special in their own way.
3 months ago Tom and Michele's good friends decided together as a family that they were going to go to the Festival of Trees and buy Gracie's tree and then give it back to Tom and Michele as a Christmas gift. Tom and Michele had no idea that they were going to do this until it was a done deal. Now they will have Gracie's tree in their home, in Gracie's room to look at and enjoy! I can't think of a more selfless act of kindness. There truly are some wonderful people in this world!
Our kids were so thrilled to be able to go to the festival to see Gracie's tree. As soon as we walked in the doors we headed straight to Gracie's Tree. We then walked through the whole festival seeing her tree again. And then before leaving it was important that we go see it one last time! It was fun to listen to other people as they walked by her tree. By far Gracie's tree was one of the most beautiful trees of the festival.
For Christmas this year I told Tom and Michele that I knew exactly what I wanted them to get me! I wanted my very own ornament of Sweet baby Gracie girl for my tree. Michele acted excited and surprised that that's what I wanted. She ran in the other room and out she came with this special ornament just for me!
We couldn't be happier with this special gift.
We will treasure it always!
I came home and placed it on my tree. The next morning Reagan came down the stairs and the first thing she noticed was the new Gracie ornament. She said, "Look! It's Gracie next to Jesus! Because that's were she is, she really is next to Jesus huh mom?"
I said, "Yes Reagan, she is!"
No comments:
Post a Comment