Thursday, August 5, 2010

2 1/2 year old fun!


Talan seriously couldn't be any cuter!
This kid wakes up each day ready to explore his world. He is into everything. He thinks he can do anything and everything anyone else can do. And his favorite thing to say is, "DO IT!" Which means, I'll do it! If by chance you have done something for him such as opening the car door, he will quickly say, "DO IT!" and proceed to shut the door so he can open it himself. It's fun to see him learn and try new things but it can be sorta annoying to go places with him. Everything becomes a production! The grocery store is almost impossible! He wants to push the cart! He wants to put the stuff in the cart, including things I AM NOT PURCHASING! He wants to do it all! This morning I took him to Walmart with me and while I was checking out in one lane he was scanning his own box of Nerds at the self check out lane by himself. The self check out employee came over and told me "It's nice to see that your boy knows it's important to buy his candy before he eats it." He got a kick out of watching him scan his candy from his tippy toes.
Talan is much like a parrot. Talan is in a mimicking stage of development. VERY CUTE... but sometimes a little embarrassing! He loves trucks and tractors but struggles with the pronunciation. He shouts out #uck! #uck! Everytime he sees one! I'm working on getting him to just call them tractors!
Unfortunatly it's sort of coming out #uckers!
Today I said, "Excuse me Talan." He repeated with, "Screw me!" And then walked around the house repeating himself 100 times over.
Oh well, we'll just keep working at it and receive a little entertainment from it in the meantime!
You've got to love a 2 1/2 year old!

2 comments:

milan said...

thank you, i knew that you could do it.

Shari said...

I love that story of Talan- well all the stories. He simply cracks me up.

word verification- maness
trying to be a man with finesse