Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm kind of a BIG DEAL!

My good friend Michelle Rich was turning 40. I being the party planning sort of person, volunteered to throw her a BIG 40th birthday party. My friend Amy Ingram volunteered to host the party at her house, and friends Michele Gledhill, Kristen Olsen, Erin Reed, and Jen Winder all brought yummy food!

I found the cutest paper that completely said it all!
...I'M KIND OF...
A BIG DEAL
And that became the theme of the night!
I made her a 40th birthday book with pictures of her throughout her life that everyone at the party could sign. Her husband Lance hooked me up with the pictures!

I made her an "I'm kind of a BIG DEAL" party hat that I thought turned out really cute!

The night before the party I had an ingenuously creative moment and made the cutest party favors. They say "HER 40 EY'S"! It's not everyday that a cute creative idea comes to mind, but when it does, I HAVE TO DO IT!

My friend Shari Iverson had this pink boa that she was going to give to D.I. so I snatched it up to go with Michelle's party attire!
Lance was the grill master and cooked up some yummy marinated chicken!

Instead of blowing out birthday candles, we all light sparklers and sang happy birthday.

Me, Michelle, Kendall, and Michele.

For the entertainment portion of the night we played minute to win it games. But instead of having a minute to win it, we split up into team pink and team black and had as much time as it took to beat the other team! It was so much fun! Everyone got into it and had a good time!

We played "SUCK IT",

"SEPARATION ANXIETY",

"JUNK IN THE TRUNK",

"HANKY PANKY",

"SHOE FLY SHOE",

"ELEPHANT MARCH",

"KA BROOM",

"HOW'S IT HANGIN' ",

And "STACK ATTACK".

The night was a total blast! Everyone seemed to have had a good time and most importantly, Michelle seemed to have LOVED IT!

Happy Birthday Michelle!

No comments: