Going back to school
can be so much fun!All the kids had the hardest time
falling asleep the night before the big day!
We aren't exactly swimming in money these days and so school shopping was pretty limited. Each of the kids got 1 new outfit for the first day of school. Carsten quickly proclaimed that he didn't want an outfit, he wanted new shoes! And not just any pair of new shoes, he had a particular style in mind! Let me tell you, this kid is all about fashion!
We went to Famous Footwear and these are the COOL NEW SHOES he picked out! I have to admit though, I DO think they are pretty cool! And I also have to admit that Carsten is pretty dang smart! There was no way I was going to let him go to the first day of school in an old shirt. So he ended up with new shoes and a new shirt! I took him to Walmart to pick something out. A glow in the dark Muppet's shirt... AWESOME!!!
Traditionally I have the kids stand outside for a picture before they head off to school and this year was no different. However Talan was a little miffed that I wasn't taking pictures of him. He kept getting in front of me saying, "Mom, take my picture!" He starts preschool next week and he can hardly wait!
He got this cool Cars backpack!
Ethan is the most simple kid in the world. He's not too picky about clothes and will usually wear whatever I pick up for him. I got him a brand new outfit from Old Navy and then he didn't want to wear it! WHAT! He wanted to strut his ASU pride!
FORK EM' DEVILS!
All the boys standing at the bus stop
waiting for the bus to come!So the morning schedule goes like this...
Carsten starts school at 8:00 as a early bird.
Ethan starts Jr. High at 8:15.I get the two of them up and off to school
and then head back home for the next round.
Bradon and Reagan go as later gators and so their school starts at 9:15.
Once Talan starts preschool he will go Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30.
So I have this table in my entryway. Every month I decorate it. This month I got out all my back to school decorations. I have some pictures of the kids on the first day of school from several years ago that I put up. Talan noticed that he wasn't in any of the pictures! And then began to cry throwing the hugest fit about it! I tried to explain to him that when I took those pictures he wasn't even born yet, but that was not good enough for him. He wants to have his first day of school pictures taken too!
When we went to Famous Footwear for Carsten it was Buy One Get One 1/2 off. So Talan got the 1/2 off! These are the shoes he picked out! Light up Lightening McQueen! Super Cool!
Reagan is just as cute as ever!She's all girl and we love it!
She's learned how to ride a rip stick recently. She rode around while she waited for the time to pass by so she could go to school! That's one thing I love about the first day of school! The kids are always are up and at em ready to go!
Bradon picked out a Sponge Bob Square Pants shirt.
Not what I was expecting, but it works!

Bradon and his friend Dillon rode their bikes to school.
They are like really BIG 6th graders that
don't need their moms to help them out!
I saw the cutest 'Back To School' cupcake idea that I just had to make! I took them around to all the teachers thanking them for a wonderful first week of the new school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment