Monday, August 22, 2011

The best fundraiser EVER!

If you ever find that you're in need of making some quick cash but don't have the money or time to mess with selling a product of some sort AND you are willing to put in some muscle and hard work...
THIS IS THE FUNDRAISER FOR YOU!!!

Power washing out garbage cans
for $10.00 a can!


We did this for our 8th grade football team fundraiser this last week and it was awesome! Not only did the boys round up quite a few jobs, but they had a blast hanging out and working hard together! It was a great way to kick off a new season of football!
The day before the clean out is when we walked through the neighborhood collecting jobs and money. The day of the clean out we rounded up a few more jobs. Some of our new clients had missed the garbage man the day before and their garbage cans were full of garbage! But that was no problem for us! Apparently we empty out garbage cans too! You can tell by the look on Taylor's face that he was thrilled to take on this challenge!

Check out this posse!
Their lean, mean, trash can grime fighting machines!

I borrowed a power washer from my Uncle Jay, filled a gas can with gas, loaded up a hose and a bottle of dish soap. And then just as I was walking out the door I went back for my kitchen broom and mop. The MOP was worth all it's weight in gold! I hooked up the trailer to the back of my Denali and off I went on an adventure to remember!

As I drove around town picking up the boys for this activity I kept thinking to myself, "Please let their be some mothers show up to help me with this!" And luckily I had 2 VERY HARD WORKING mothers come! Tami Lemon and Sydney Schoonover were absolute life savers! These girls know how to WORK!

Don't get me wrong, the boys were hard working too!
I even think they kind of liked using the power washer!
Which was good, because us moms didn't want to use it!

After we rounded up and cleaned all the cans, we loaded them back on the trailer to take them back to their proper owners. The boys had a blast riding around on the back of that trailer!

When all the work was done the boys decided it was play time!
We took them to a local pond and they all jumped in with their clothes on. They swam across to the other side only to meet up with a cop who sternly told them that they were not allowed to be swimming all the way across the pond. He made them all get out and walk around the pond to the "Swimming Area!"

After about an hour of play I gathered the boys up, piled them into my Denali and I drove them all home! What a fun bunch of boys!

We raise a total of $300.00!
Not bad for a few hours of work!
Now we shouldn't have to ask the parents for anymore money all season long!

No comments: