One of my most favorite Characters of all time is DORY from the animated m0vie Finding Nemo. I identify with Dory on SO MANY LEVELS! In this movie Dory sings while swimming, "Swimming Swimming, Keep on Swimming!" And often times while I'm running and HATING every minute of it, I find myself thinking or singing out loud, "Running Running, Keep on Running!" It's just one of those silly things that keep me going, and without fail it lightens my mood!
I trained for the Saint George Marathon all the way up until the 16 mile run. And that's when I fell off the "running" face of the earth!
I was training simultaneously with my Sister-in-law Cheryl. She was training in Arizona and I was training here in Utah. The plan was to meet up in Saint George and run it together. We would text each other back and forth to report how far we had ran and to give each other words of encouragement. As the long runs became longer it got harder and harder to train by myself! I'm just not a BY MYSELF kind of girl! And that's when my sweet friend Amy decided to join me.
Now don't get me wrong! Amy had no plans of actually running the marathon, in fact she flat out told me that she couldn't do it this year. But she was willing to train with me so that I could reach my goal. {Yeah I know, she's a pretty darn good of a friend! I mean really, WHO DOES THAT?} Anyways, everything was going good with the training on my end but then I found out that training in the Arizona heat was just about to kill Cheryl! And to tell you the truth, I can't even imagine running that far in those kind of temperatures! In fact I don't think their is any way on earth that I would, or that I could! So the decision was made for Cheryl to not continue on. And that's when I was faced with a decision to make of my own. Do I try to convince Amy to do this with me or do I bag it until another year. Because we all know that their is no way I'm going to do this on my own! So I asked Amy what she thought. She decided to give it a try but then as all the runs became longer and longer her leg injury became more painful and painful! Training for a marathon is just not good for the body! I totally understand her decision to not continue on and I totally respect it! But remember the part about me not being a by myself kind of girl? Yeah, I'm not running a marathon alone... So I'm out too!
ALL IN OR ALL OUT?
I was definitely all in! But once that decision was made to quite training, I have definitely been all out! Why is it so hard to just get up out of bed to go running?
Two weeks from now is the Red Rock Relay race and so now it's total crunch time for me! I've got to get my act together, get my butt out of bed and hit the road!
I've got to make the decision to be ALL IN!
1 comment:
So sad to hear that! :(
Post a Comment