Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Marathon training update...

I'm still running!

Well okay I admit, it's not really running that I do. It's more like jogging! But it feels like running because I'm going just about as fast as my legs can carry me. So let's just call it running to help boost up my self esteem... okay?

My long missed running partner Amy is back at it with me again! YEAH!!! Did I mention how much I missed her? Running isn't something that I necessarily love. I mean, I love the feeling of accomplishment that I get when I'm done running but the act itself of running.... not my most favorite activity! And running alone is the worst! So I am overjoyed to have my friend back!

I've begun training for the Saint George Marathon. I know, crazy huh? And let me tell you, it's not easy! In fact it's down right HARD! So I keep telling myself that if I survive the training for the marathon, then I'll run the marathon! But there is a good chance that I might just drop dead training!

So why is it that I would want to run a marathon you ask? That's a very good question! The more and more I've thought about this very question has led me to believe that it's more about the accomplishment than the running. Weird huh? I don't know, it's just one of those things that you can't understand unless you just so happen to have the same feeling.

Would accomplishing a marathon make me a better person? I don't know! Would it make me stronger? YES! Will it kill me? Maybe! Do I feel like I have to prove something to someone if not myself? I don't know, maybe, no not really! Well then WHY? I guess I want to know what it feels like to cross a finish line after pushing myself for 26.2 miles of pain and misery!

Crazy I know! But like I said over a year ago... I've joined the crazies! So wish me luck and think of me this Saturday morning as I set forth to conquer the longest run of my life up until now... 14 miles!

1 comment:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Well after you 26.2 miles of HELL...Brent and I will be there to catch you! See you in 58 days!