Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Eve!

We were very lucky to have Grandma Adair with us again this year for Christmas. She came a few days before the kids were out of school for their Christmas break. She made Christmas break fun playing games, watching movies, and putting together puzzles with the kids!

This was our 6th Christmas in Utah but only our 2nd Christmas Eve with just our little family. We've always gone to either an Aunt or Uncles Christmas Eve party, so deciding what we want our own family traditions to be has been kind of fun!

We had a Christmas Eve dinner ate by candle light. We did this last year and the kids loved it so we did it again! After dinner we watched a Christmas movie, Elf. While the kids watched the movie I quickly wrapped their Christmas pajamas. While I was wrapping I realized that Reagan's pajamas were mismatched. The top was the right size but the pants were about 3 sizes too big! So I made an emergency trip to Target. Luckily they had one pair of pajamas left that were the right size. It was like a Christmas miracle! I raced back home just in time for dessert. We had a birthday cake for Jesus. We lite the candles and sang happy birthday. Growing up my mom had a Christmas candle collection and on Christmas Eve we would lite all the candles and sing happy birthday to Jesus. I always loved this tradition!

Then it was time to open our pajamas.
After opening the pajamas the kids begged to open up just one gift. They wanted to open the gift from their sibling. I agreed that this sounded like a good tradition and the kids were thrilled!

All the kids loved what they were given.
Talan got a slinky dog from Reagan.
Reagan got a pillow pet from Bradon.
Carsten got a rotating light base for his crystal trophy
and lacrosse socks from Talan.
Bradon got the 2012 world record book from Ethan.
And Ethan got a shaving kit from Carsten!

By far the shaving kit was the highlight of the night! Carsten couldn't wait for Ethan to open it and Ethan's reaction was priceless! He told us that he sort of expected it was coming! Now if we could just get him to use it!

We read the Christmas story, had family prayer and then sent all the kids to bed. It was a fun night! All very simple, yet fun!

No comments: