Thursday, January 19, 2012

Darth Maul!

My good friend Amy called and asked if she could employ me to decorate a cake for her. I said, "Sure! How would you like it decorated?" She told me it was a cake for her son Trace who was turning 16 and he wanted Darth Maul on his cake. "Darth Maul? Who is Darth Maul?"

I got online and pulled up pictures of Darth Maul!
I immediately thought, "Wow! This is going to be challenging!"


She brought me the plain cake and the plain frosting and then I went to work! It was definitely a test of my cake decorating ability! Not to mention that all my kids were home and I had them hoovering over me as I decorated! As I put the finishing touches on the cake my hoovering crowd became very opinionated as to what I should do, second guessing and questioning me! RELAX PEOPLE!

When it was done they were all like,
"That's so AWESOME! I want a birthday cake like that!"

I personally liked the flamed edges!
It was so HOT!

I delivered the cake the night before his birthday and his reaction was priceless! He loved it! I think his exact words were something like, "That's SICK!"

Happy Darth Maul Birthday Trace!

1 comment:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

That's so awesome. I want a birthday cake like that!
Seriously...so cool.