Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Winter Wonderland!

This winter has been so weird!
It's really been more like spring rather than winter. It gets really cold but then it doesn't snow. And then the next thing you know, it warms back up! The kids have been wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts to school! Actually the weather has been down right beautiful but I worry as to what might come.
This morning was the first morning we've woken up to snow. It looked like a beautiful winter wonderland! As Ethan and Carsten were getting ready for school I heard a flock of geese flying over our house. I told the kids to listen. "Do you hear the geese flying outside? Oh those poor guys, they must be so confused by this weather!" Then Carsten piped up in a loud voice, "They've already come back twice!" Ethan and I couldn't help but to laugh! Now that there's funny!

One thing I love about snow is that the kids
get out of the house and play in it!
T
alan invited his friend Griffin to our house to play this afternoon. They decided to shovel the melting snow in the driveway. I went out to check on them and they told me that they needed a carrot. "Mom go inside and get us a carrot!" Just as they were putting the finishing touches on their "FROSTY" Carsten came along to help them out.

Here's the finished FROSTY up close!
Totally awesome!

Then Carsten and his friends Tate and Dylan had to get in on the action. Notice the cool earing he's strutting!

And notice the short sleeve shirts these boys are wearing! It's not very cold, hence the MELTING SNOW!

1 comment:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Now that is Brent's kind of snowman! :) I on he other hand prefer that pile of snow with a scarf. Enjoy the snow...glad we are getting any!