Talan couldn't have been more excited for his birthday to come! The night before his birthday I decorated his Lightening McQueen birthday cake. He was so excited to see it all finished but I guess I must have taken too long because by the time I was done he was fast asleep on the couch. So I got the Lightening McQueen footy pajamas that I bought for him and dressed him for bed. I tucked him into bed and then I couldn't wait for him to wake up on his big birthday morning!
He woke up and came into my room. I asked him what he was wearing. He got a big smile on his face and told me, "Lightening McQueen!" I took him into the kitchen and got out the cake for him to see. He loved it!
I was pleased with the way it turned out. My Uncle Mark was here and pointed out to me that Lightening McQueen was driving on the wrong side of the road! Oh my gosh he is! And then I got to thinking, "No! He's just passing some slow car in a no passing zone!"
I had been thinking about having a friend birthday party for Talan this year for quite some time. In fact I even bought little invitations several months ago. But since his birthday is January 2nd I found it hard to plan and put it all together with the holidays and everything. So come birthday morning I had the cake, but no party planned!
I quickly called a few of his friends and luckily they were all free to come for a party! A few hours later Wyatt, Marcus, and Griffin came to our house. Talan insisted on wearing his new Lightening McQueen pajamas for his party!
I quickly called a few of his friends and luckily they were all free to come for a party! A few hours later Wyatt, Marcus, and Griffin came to our house. Talan insisted on wearing his new Lightening McQueen pajamas for his party!
We colored pictures of Lightening McQueen while eating pizza and drinking root beer. We played a little game with Lightening McQueen balloons and then opened presents.
At all my kids birthday parties I always have all the kids that come go get the gift that they brought and hold it. They all sit in a circle and then one at a time they take turns giving the birthday child their gift. I started doing this just so that I could keep track of who gave what. And it's turned out to be great!
After the gift is opened the birthday child is required to get up and go give whomever it was who gave him the gift a big hug and a thank you. This is my favorite part of all birthday parties! I think it's so important for the birthday child to recognize who brought them a gift and thank them. I also think it's important for each kid that comes to the party to feel special and loved for coming and bringing a gift!
Grandma Adair was still here for Talan's birthday
which was a special treat!
which was a special treat!
After presents it was cake and ice cream time!
Oh how I wonder what a 4 year old might wish for!
Happy Birthday Talan!
We sure do love you and couldn't be more
thrilled that you came to our family!
Happy Birthday Talan!
We sure do love you and couldn't be more
thrilled that you came to our family!
1 comment:
Isn't Cars 2 set in England where they drive on the left?
Post a Comment