I don't know about you but every year I feel like the few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas break are outrageously crazy! It's like a marathon of events to attend and things to get done! It's like that one time of year that if you don't make a list and check it twice or sometimes even three times a day you will most likely drop the ball somewhere!
From the bows I made the first year we were married to our retired house decorations,
and a little of everything from in between! We love it!
And this year was no different!
I decorated the house from top to bottom. We went to ward parties, neighborhood parties, classroom parties, cookie exchange parties, and every year I host an ornament exchange party as well. The children have their annual Christmas sing and their Christmas band concert. Oh and I almost forgot about Reagan's dance. They didn't have a recital but instead invited us all to go to class with them so they could show us their progress as if we had nothing else to do! Not that I didn't enjoy it! It's just during these few weeks I feel the most pressure to get as much of my Christmas shopping done and out of the way as possible! It's like crunch time before the kids are home full time! And I can't forget about family pictures and Christmas cards to be bought, stuffed, addressed and sent! And then I feel like I need to get a little something or make a little something for those I visit teach, for my neighbors, and my friends. All the while I diligently make my lists and check them twice and yet still I'm always sure that I'm forgetting something!
Oh the hustle and bustle
before Christmas break!
I decorated the house from top to bottom. We went to ward parties, neighborhood parties, classroom parties, cookie exchange parties, and every year I host an ornament exchange party as well. The children have their annual Christmas sing and their Christmas band concert. Oh and I almost forgot about Reagan's dance. They didn't have a recital but instead invited us all to go to class with them so they could show us their progress as if we had nothing else to do! Not that I didn't enjoy it! It's just during these few weeks I feel the most pressure to get as much of my Christmas shopping done and out of the way as possible! It's like crunch time before the kids are home full time! And I can't forget about family pictures and Christmas cards to be bought, stuffed, addressed and sent! And then I feel like I need to get a little something or make a little something for those I visit teach, for my neighbors, and my friends. All the while I diligently make my lists and check them twice and yet still I'm always sure that I'm forgetting something!
Oh the hustle and bustle
before Christmas break!
No comments:
Post a Comment