Talan couldn't be cuter... or smarter!
He amazes me daily with some of the things
he says and comes up with.
A few weeks ago we were sitting in the kitchen and Talan had a milkshake. Ethan came in and asked Talan if he could have a sip. Talan quickly said NO! Ethan continued to ask and try to convince Talan that it would be okay for Talan to share with him. Finally after being rejected time and time again Ethan pointed to something behind Talan and said, "Oh my gosh look at that!" Talan quickly turned around to see what Ethan was talking about!" Ethan grabbed his milkshake and started sucking it down as fast as he could. When Talan turned back around to see Ethan sipping on his milkshake he got a really sad look on his face and hung his head down and said in a really sad voice, "But Miss Cindy said I'm smart!" Ethan and I looked at each other totally baffled by his response. "What did you say Talan? Miss Cindy said your smart?" He shook his head in agreement and said, "Yes." And then began to explain. "Miss Cindy said I'm so smart that she can't trick me!" Ethan and I couldn't help but to laugh a little. "Oh Talan, did Ethan trick you?" "Yes but I thought I was smart!"
Talan loves his Grandma Adair so much and wishes that she could lived with us. At the end of her last visit Talan drove with me to take her to the airport. When we got to the airport and he realized that she was really going back home he became angry. So angry that he refused to say goodbye! He cried for a good half hour after she was gone! That night when it was bedtime he asked about Grandma. I explained to him yet once again that Grandma needed to go home to her own house. He quickly responded in an angry tone, "But she has a bedroom here!"
This morning he wanted to know if Grandma was going to come home. I asked him if he wanted to call her on the phone. We called her up and he asked her if she could come to our house. And then proceeded to tell her that we were going to clean up. "Grandma are you going to come to our house after we clean up?" Grandma didn't fully understand what he was talking about and said, "Sure, after you clean up." After we hung up the phone Talan seemed pleased with his conversation with Grandma. I told him that Grandma wanted me to give him a hug and kiss and tell him that she loves him but she didn't have enough money for a plane ticket to come right now. He looked and me and said, "But she can go to the polar express and get a ticket! She can go to the north pole and Santa will have a ticket for her!"
The other night we went to the BYU mens volleyball game. Talan had fallen asleep in the car on the way their. It was snowing so David dropped us off as close as he could get us to the building. Since Talan was asleep I had to wake him up to get him out of his car seat. As I held him walking in the snow he said,
"It looks like Santa is coming to town!"
Those are just a few of the cute things he's said lately. I wish I could think of some more. I really should write them down as he says them but then that would be too out of character for me so I imagine it wont ever happen!
He amazes me daily with some of the things
he says and comes up with.
A few weeks ago we were sitting in the kitchen and Talan had a milkshake. Ethan came in and asked Talan if he could have a sip. Talan quickly said NO! Ethan continued to ask and try to convince Talan that it would be okay for Talan to share with him. Finally after being rejected time and time again Ethan pointed to something behind Talan and said, "Oh my gosh look at that!" Talan quickly turned around to see what Ethan was talking about!" Ethan grabbed his milkshake and started sucking it down as fast as he could. When Talan turned back around to see Ethan sipping on his milkshake he got a really sad look on his face and hung his head down and said in a really sad voice, "But Miss Cindy said I'm smart!" Ethan and I looked at each other totally baffled by his response. "What did you say Talan? Miss Cindy said your smart?" He shook his head in agreement and said, "Yes." And then began to explain. "Miss Cindy said I'm so smart that she can't trick me!" Ethan and I couldn't help but to laugh a little. "Oh Talan, did Ethan trick you?" "Yes but I thought I was smart!"
Talan loves his Grandma Adair so much and wishes that she could lived with us. At the end of her last visit Talan drove with me to take her to the airport. When we got to the airport and he realized that she was really going back home he became angry. So angry that he refused to say goodbye! He cried for a good half hour after she was gone! That night when it was bedtime he asked about Grandma. I explained to him yet once again that Grandma needed to go home to her own house. He quickly responded in an angry tone, "But she has a bedroom here!"
This morning he wanted to know if Grandma was going to come home. I asked him if he wanted to call her on the phone. We called her up and he asked her if she could come to our house. And then proceeded to tell her that we were going to clean up. "Grandma are you going to come to our house after we clean up?" Grandma didn't fully understand what he was talking about and said, "Sure, after you clean up." After we hung up the phone Talan seemed pleased with his conversation with Grandma. I told him that Grandma wanted me to give him a hug and kiss and tell him that she loves him but she didn't have enough money for a plane ticket to come right now. He looked and me and said, "But she can go to the polar express and get a ticket! She can go to the north pole and Santa will have a ticket for her!"
The other night we went to the BYU mens volleyball game. Talan had fallen asleep in the car on the way their. It was snowing so David dropped us off as close as he could get us to the building. Since Talan was asleep I had to wake him up to get him out of his car seat. As I held him walking in the snow he said,
"It looks like Santa is coming to town!"
Those are just a few of the cute things he's said lately. I wish I could think of some more. I really should write them down as he says them but then that would be too out of character for me so I imagine it wont ever happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment