Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weddings

Ethan and Bradon were both invited to
wedding receptions this week!

Bradon got invited to his last years first grade teacher, Miss Houghton's wedding reception.  Her reception was at The Gardens at Thanksgiving point.  Bradon was so excited that she was getting married and that he was invited.  There were quite a few kids at the reception that Bradon knew.  It was a total party!  Carsten is desperately hoping that Miss Houghton (who is now Mrs. Oxley) will be his teacher next year.  I think that Carsten seeing her in her wedding dress is what did it.   Reagan was very impressed with her beautiful wedding gown too!  After all, she did look like a princess!

A little cute and funny story:
On the way to the reception Bradon was asking me when Miss Houghton was going to open up her wedding present.  I told him that everyone does it different, lots of people don't open their presents until after they come home from their honeymoon.  He asked me what a honeymoon was.  I told him that a honeymoon was when a new married couple goes on vacation together to celebrate their marriage.  He said "Oh yeah, I know!  I think that for sure mostly they go on a picnic!"  I asked "They go on a picnic for their honeymoon?"  He said "Yeah, mostly!"  So then I asked him if that is what he was going to do for his honeymoon.  He said "I don't know, probably!"  I love kids and the way they think!  
So I hope that Mr. and Mrs. Oxley have a great time on their picnic!

Ethan was invited to his karate instructors reception.  Mr. Young married Miss Taylor.  The two of them have been Ethan's karate instructors for almost two years now.  All I have to say is that it's about time they got married!  Ethan was thrilled they were getting married and that he got to go to the reception.  I had a lot of fun going with Ethan.  Ethan is really growing up fast!  Before I know it I'll be going to his reception!

No comments: